The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Are my AS results good enough?

I've had my eye on Warwick for a while now and was a little let down by my AS results. I got:

- Maths A (90%+ UMS)
- Economics B
- Chemistry B
- Physics B

I've been predicted: A*AAA, respectively, and I want to apply for Economics. Any idea how much of a chance I stand?
Reply 1
If you interview well and have other things to offer such as great skills and extra curricular activities and show a strong interest in economics you may have a chance
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by dripper
I've had my eye on Warwick for a while now and was a little let down by my AS results. I got:

- Maths A (90%+ UMS)
- Economics B
- Chemistry B
- Physics B

I've been predicted: A*AAA, respectively, and I want to apply for Economics. Any idea how much of a chance I stand?

Had similar results and got an offer from Warwick for Economics(My predicted grades were A*AB-My school is horrible with predictions)It was my personal statement that got me an offer.Focus on PS and your results are fine(People usually have 4 A's and a lot of A*s at GCSES but don't worry)
Original post by CSL123
If you interview well and have other things to offer such as great skills and extra curricular activities and show a strong interest in economics you may have a chance

They don't interview
Reply 3
I got 6 A* in GCSEs, not sure how that'll factor in. But thanks, yeah, I'll put the effort into my personal statement
Original post by dripper

- Maths A (90%+ UMS)
- Economics B
- Chemistry B
- Physics B

I got AAA at AS, but only A's & B's at GCSE, this year I got A*AA and got into Warwick. I think that your AS grades are fine, primarily because of your strong maths grade, which looks on for an A* and is possible to get as you need an A at AS level for A*s. If you talk one to one with your teachers about your UCAS predicted grades and ask them to predict you highly, then you'll have a good chance. My original UCAS predicted grades were A*A*A but I got my history teacher to push it the prediction up to an A* for a straight A* predictions (ironically, my A* was in history). But I think doing this greatly improved my chances & got me the offer.

Also, as it has been mentioned - a good personal statement is imperative considering Warwick don't interview - get everybody you know to read it and ask them to be incredibly critical because it must be perfect.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 5
OK cheers. ...

Quick Reply

Latest