The Student Room Group

Tiffin Girls 2023 Sixth Form Entry

Hi, I applied for Tiffin Girls Sixth Form and was wondering if my grades would be good enough to get in? I've been predicted 6 9s and 4 8s. Is this good enough? Also, could anyone currently at Tiffin Girls tell me how they're finding it? What's the atmosphere like? What are the teachers like?

Original post by scar-the-queen
Hi, I applied for Tiffin Girls Sixth Form and was wondering if my grades would be good enough to get in? I've been predicted 6 9s and 4 8s. Is this good enough? Also, could anyone currently at Tiffin Girls tell me how they're finding it? What's the atmosphere like? What are the teachers like?

No, all 9s and 8s are definitely not good enough. They clearly want all 10s.
Original post by JustAnotherFloop
No, all 9s and 8s are definitely not good enough. They clearly want all 10s.

lol

I had the same predicted grades / mock grades(six 9’s
four 8’s one 7 and i do additional maths ) but I got rejected 😭😭😭 oh well . Did u get in ???
Original post by sara572729
I had the same predicted grades / mock grades(six 9’s
four 8’s one 7 and i do additional maths ) but I got rejected 😭😭😭 oh well . Did u get in ???

nope also got rejected :frown:
nope also got rejected :frown:

twins 😭 are u gonna go on results day with your results

no because tbh even if i got an offer i wasn't going to go..i've developed a health condition that causes me to have seizures and my current school is very understanding of that and has put in appropriate measures to make me comfortable and idk if other schools are going to be that understanding. also i currently go to a private school so if i applied on results day and ended up going to tiffins i'd still have to pay a large deposit to my school for the last-minute notice. what about you?

hi - sorry im a bit late this im currently a tiffin girl in y11 and its a nice place, sure, but sometimes it can be extremely competitive - I've lost friendships because of the competition, also if you go just a note that this whole year is extremely gay, and homophobia is genuinely not tolerated, or any discrimination like the people are EXTREMELY united when someone's discriminated against. generally the tgs y11s are nice, especially to newcomers (we had a girl join my form in y10 and she fit in really fast). the teachers are mostly nice (esp the latin department I absolutely love them), but certain maths teachers and bio teachers can be bad from my personal experience. we have tons of sports opportunities and clubs if that's your thing, but the mental health support honestly SUCKS. but like if you get an offer you definitely won't hate it there and you'd probably reply like it. the school birthdays and events are SO fun so if you go, get involved and go all out because that's what everyone does and that's what makes it fun (but be prepared for boring assemblies). good luck w application (also for reference, im leaving tgs and lots of others also are, but thats because most of us want a change in atmosphere and environment rather than us hating it there)
Reply 8

I got in- my conditional offer hit approved!!!! Did you get in?
Reply 9
Original post by emilyalaei
I got in- my conditional offer hit approved!!!! Did you get in?

Congratulation Emily, May I ask what were your grades and subjects applied?
hi!! current tiffins student here- your grades are probably good enough, depending on the subjects you're planning to take (check on the admissions policy here: https://fra1.digitaloceanspaces.com/tiffingirls.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/13100935/The-Tiffin-Girls-School-Determined-Admissions-Arrangements-for-Sixth-Form-entry-September-2025.pdf) As for the atmosphere, especially in y11/sixth form, everyone is EXTREMELY united (as previously said), and I don't know of anyone who has been bullied/harassed, etc, at least by members of our school. There have been some instances however, of people from other schools (such as The Kingston Academy, which is right next to us) harassing some students on the 65 bus, but these are very minimal. I hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending