The Student Room Group

Atleast 220 killed in Mecca Stampede

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34346449

EDIT1 - Death toll has now risen to 310

EDIT2 - Atleast 717 people have died

Original post by usmanzubair
May Allah give them the highest possible place in Jannah. My cousin was there and he came out before it even happened.May Allah protect all other hajis too.Ameen.Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:facepalm:
Is it bad that my mom laughed her head off when they said they were stoning the devil?
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't they go straight to heaven if they die during the Hajj? At least they got a fast pass.
Reply 3
Original post by StrawbAri
Is it bad that my mom laughed her head of when they said they were stoning the devil?

Yes, it's bad. And it's just a ritual for crying out loud, they're not actually stoning "the devil". It's symbolic.
Reply 4
Oh no, my friend went to mecca a week ago! I hope he is ok :frown:
Original post by ZetaMu
Yes, it's bad. And it's just a ritual for crying out loud, they're not actually stoning "the devil". It's symbolic.

She knows but the literal idea of it sounded funny :dontknow:
No offence meant
Reply 6
She knows but the literal idea of it sounded funny :dontknow:
No offence meant

Fair enough, hard to gauge whether people are being intentionally disrespectful on an online forum :smile:
Dang, after the crane collapse this is the last thing people there would've wanted, another disaster. Very sad stuff.
May Allah give them the highest possible place in Jannah. My cousin was there and he came out before it even happened.
May Allah protect all other hajis too.
Ameen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZetaMu
Fair enough, hard to gauge whether people are being intentionally disrespectful on an online forum :smile:

:smile:
Still very sad news though :frown:
Reply 10
Allah is unpredictable.
Reply 11
:smile:
Still very sad news though :frown:

It's awful when anyone dies. :frown: And we have had two disasters this year which hurts. My friend was there this year and I'm so anxious to hear back from him.
these lethal stampedes became almost annual in the 90's and 2000s but the saudis eventually stopped counting their money and started to tackle the problem with civil engineering and improved crowd control.

seems like they're not able to keep up with the crowds.
Reply 13
Original post by Joinedup
these lethal stampedes became almost annual in the 90's and 2000s but the saudis eventually stopped counting their money and started to tackle the problem with civil engineering and improved crowd control.

seems like they're not able to keep up with the crowds.

lol
Reply 14
It happens every year :frown:
Original post by Josb
Allah is unpredictable.

There is no such thing as Allah.
How incompetent are Saudi Arabia, sheesh.
Is it bad that my mom laughed her head off when they said they were stoning the devil?

Kinda :s-smilie:
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Kinda :s-smilie:

Read my earlier post
Reply 19
The death toll has now reached 453. How ironic...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending