The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Politics Is based at durham city so you have to apply to a college at durham xity, john snow and stephenson are queens campus colleges :smile:
Original post by 90780
Hey guys, I am going to apply to Durham for Politics and the college i really want it John Snow, it's perfect for me! however, when i try to input it on UCAS, John snow or Stephenson aren't options. What do i do?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by afern
I'm doing IB too! Applying for History though not Law. I think if depends on what the 7 is probably (if it's the subject they're applying for that would probably give them an edge), but I'm really not sure.
What are your subjects? I'm doing HL English, History and Philosophy and SL French, Maths Studies and Enviro.

I'm doing HL English lit and Lang, Biology and Economics and SL drama, maths and Latin.What are your predictions?
Original post by Whittick
Hoping to apply for politics and IR

5A*, 4A and 2B at GCSE
AABB at AS
A*A*A prediction this year

Original post by 90780
Hey guys, I am going to apply to Durham for Politics and the college i really want it John Snow, it's perfect for me! however, when i try to input it on UCAS, John snow or Stephenson aren't options. What do i do?

Fellow Politics applicants!

Heyyy
Reply 263
Original post by constantino_chr
Fellow Politics applicants!

Heyyy

hello :smile:
which unis are you applying to?
Original post by 90780
hello :smile:
which unis are you applying to?

Exeter, York and LSE...

I now need an ABB option, so either Birmingham or Southampton.
Original post by Hedwig24
Biomedical science anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ME! :h:
Hey everyone!
GCSEs: 10A* 4A
As: AAAAA in biology, chemistry, maths, german and general studies
A2 predictions: A*AA but hopefully A*A*A in biology, chemistry and german:smile:
Hoping to do biological sciences or biomed- havent quite decided yet:colondollar:
Reply 267
Exeter, York and LSE...

I now need an ABB option, so either Birmingham or Southampton.

ah I am applying to birmingham, LSE, durham, warwick and either York or Nottingham.
What are your predicted grades?
Also which college are you looking at for durham?
A*A*A*A*AAAAAC

A' Levels: A*A*A (Politics, Philosophy and Ethics, History)

Either combined social science or just straight politics/international relations
Original post by 90780
ah I am applying to birmingham, LSE, durham, warwick and either York or Nottingham.
What are your predicted grades?
Also which college are you looking at for durham?

I believe my predicted are A*AA and I'm looking at either Grey or Aidan's. Yourself? :tongue:
Reply 270
Original post by bloxhamcj
I'm doing HL English lit and Lang, Biology and Economics and SL drama, maths and Latin.What are your predictions?

I have no idea what my predictions are because my school doesn't do mocks :\ I took the Enviro exam last year though (it's only a one year course at my school...) and I got a 6 on that though!
Reply 271
I believe my predicted are A*AA and I'm looking at either Grey or Aidan's. Yourself? :tongue:

Ah thats good,mine should be similar. I'm really not sure! I I want a single en-suite room but, i think quite a few colleges share soo, I'm looking at St Cuthbert and Bulter but i haven't finalisied it. I think that the Politics building is quite far from the City Centre which is a bit annoying as I want to be close to the centre.
Course: Biomedical Science
GCSE's: A*AAAAAAAAC
AS levels: Bio - A, Chem - A, Maths - A (F.Maths dropped)
A2 levels: had to retake due to extenuating circumstances :frown: but I've heard they're fine with it and I do have a genuine reason. Maybe my grades in the previous years will prove them that I am capable of achieving well, even though they aren't standard A* across the board at GCSE.
A2 predicted: A*A*A (Chem, Maths, Bio respectively)

My personal statement is going to be tailored to Biochemistry. Considering Biomed is the closest to Biochem and has a lot of similar modules, it won't be a problem, will it? Any advice appreciated.
Original post by 90780
Ah thats good,mine should be similar. I'm really not sure! I I want a single en-suite room but, i think quite a few colleges share soo, I'm looking at St Cuthbert and Bulter but i haven't finalisied it. I think that the Politics building is quite far from the City Centre which is a bit annoying as I want to be close to the centre.

When I did my summer school there the walk was pretty manageable (emphasis on the pretty, oh my God). But hillside colleges like Mary's, Aidan's, Trevs, Van Mildert and Grey are right by the Politics building.
Original post by cakeislife
Anyone else doing languages?

GCSE 5A* 6A
AS AAAB
Predictions A*AA

I am! Which ones? I'm applying for French and Spanish post-A level.

GCSE: 11 A*s
AS: AAAA (French, Spanish, English lit., music (dropped it...)
Don't know my A-level predictions
Original post by SosbanFach
I am! Which ones? I'm applying for French and Spanish post-A level.

GCSE: 11 A*s
AS: AAAA (French, Spanish, English lit., music (dropped it...)
Don't know my A-level predictions

Your grades are so good :redface: I'm applying for french (deferred) , where else are you applying?
Anyone go to the Durham Open day on Saturday? Found it decent, a lot of walking though. I am applying for Geography at Hatfield.

GCSEs - 7 A*s 3 As

AS Levels - AAAA 92.3% average.

Stayed at St Chad's overnight for the open day though and the cathedral bell was sooo loud. Noty to staying there again.
Is there anything bad about University College? (Apart from the oversubscribing.)
Reply 278
Original post by ombtom
Is there anything bad about University College? (Apart from the oversubscribing.)

For some people the fact that it's very formal might be a bad thing.
Original post by cakeislife
Your grades are so good :redface: I'm applying for french (deferred) , where else are you applying?

Cambridge, St. Andrews, Southampton and Exeter :smile: How about you? And which college do you reckon you'll go for?

Quick Reply

Latest