The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Well, I can finally say I'm gonna be a Civil Servant!

It's been a long, long wait, with so many stressful periods, but I can finally say that I was offered a job to be a Diversity Outreach Events Manager for the Civil Service Fast Stream team!

So I'll be able to see the process from the the other side now.....:wink:
Original post by robboadam31
Well, I can finally say I'm gonna be a Civil Servant!

It's been a long, long wait, with so many stressful periods, but I can finally say that I was offered a job to be a Diversity Outreach Events Manager for the Civil Service Fast Stream team!

So I'll be able to see the process from the the other side now.....:wink:

Congrats!
I'm hoping I get my firm offer soon so I can hand my notice in.
Original post by MoveTheChains
Congrats!
I'm hoping I get my firm offer soon so I can hand my notice in.

Yeah, this is the toughest period - when you think you have a job, but it's still all in the air. Don't worry, it's only a matter of time :smile:
Original post by robboadam31
Yeah, this is the toughest period - when you think you have a job, but it's still all in the air. Don't worry, it's only a matter of time :smile:

Yeah, I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.
I only got my starting date when they sent me my contract to sign! Is anyone else moving to London or working in Westminster?
Original post by nicola1806
I only got my starting date when they sent me my contract to sign! Is anyone else moving to London or working in Westminster?

What department are you in? Did you need extra security checks at all?
Original post by nicola1806

I've moved to London to work in Westminster too. Maybe it would be nice to arrange some kind of Westminster meet for DAS people?
Reply 3487
Hi I was wondering how vital is it to answer the Socio Economic Monitoring questions.?
Congrats everyone who's received an offer!!

I finally got mine today ->

"I am pleased to offer you an opportunity to join HMRC as a Payband EO initially in Southern House Croydon London as a Local Compliance Caseworker.".

I have absolutely no idea what the job entails,. so will email them for some further info before accepting. Especially as the job is in Croydon rather than central London.
Reply 3489
Congrats everybody who got the offers. I had a quick question. Does anyone know about the NVQ skill level for fast stream for 2014-2015 intake.Was it skill level 3?
I am still waiting to hear back regarding which department I will be assigned to, it's been over two weeks since I've been told I will hear something soon. Very frustrating. Is anyone else in the same boat?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Flower129
I am still waiting to hear back regarding which department I will be assigned to, it's been over two weeks since I've been told I will hear something soon. Very frustrating. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same position as you. I'm not expecting to hear from them anytime soon. I've called so many times and they say we've contacted the department and you should hear from them soon.
Original post by ri12345
I'm in the same position as you. I'm not expecting to hear from them anytime soon. I've called so many times and they say we've contacted the department and you should hear from them soon.

Have you been told which department?
Original post by Billydodger
Have you been told which department?

I was told possibly one department and then I called again and it seems like it may be another department.
Original post by ri12345
I was told possibly one department and then I called again and it seems like it may be another department.

At least someone is interested which is encouraging!
Original post by Billydodger
At least someone is interested which is encouraging!

I guess so! Do you know when you're starting?
Reply 3496
Original post by mazzamaz
Congrats everyone who's received an offer!!

I finally got mine today ->

"I am pleased to offer you an opportunity to join HMRC as a Payband EO initially in Southern House Croydon London as a Local Compliance Caseworker.".

I have absolutely no idea what the job entails,. so will email them for some further info before accepting. Especially as the job is in Croydon rather than central London.

This essentially sounds like a tax inspector job - but this is not the thread for this really, so PM me if you have any questions (I worked for the department).
This sounds really bad considering I've just been offered a job but......

I've always wanted to work in diplomacy in the FO. Does anyone know what the internal opportunities are like once you're in the CS, or would the Diplomatic Fast Stream be the only way to do it?
Has anyone who has a provisional offer to start on 2nd November received their formal offer yet?
Original post by MoveTheChains
Has anyone who has a provisional offer to start on 2nd November received their formal offer yet?

No, not yet. But I have to do extra pre-appointment checks for my role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending