The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sparster
DUDE. inb4 you were next to me. I was looking out onto the cathedral and road too lol. Which floor are we talking here?

oh man i think it was third? i remember a few flights of stairs !!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by patronus7
oh man i think it was third? i remember a few flights of stairs !!

Ah I believe I was second floor, a door number between 17-20 won't say exactly just cus... you remember your number? don't have to say the exact one.
Grey all the way:biggrin:

Spoiler

Reply 303
Original post by alechaymaria
English, Economics and History

Mine are the same except Philosophy instead of Econ.
Original post by Sparster
Ah I believe I was second floor, a door number between 17-20 won't say exactly just cus... you remember your number? don't have to say the exact one.

I'm pretty sure mine was in the hundreds? Idk
Hey guys, has anyone gone to an open day to Durham? If you have, how was it? Cause i missed the open days...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also what is the campus code for durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for the marketing course!
My GCSEs are pretty bad but I'm predicted a 41 for IB. :biggrin:
Which college is supposed to have the best accomodation, ie. single room ensuite?
Original post by jerseyalevel
Which college is supposed to have the best accomodation, ie. single room ensuite?

I know Josephine Butler is all single room ensuites, but that's self-catering.
Does anyone have a definitive list of numbers of applications to each College? Thanks in advance
Brilliant, thanks again :redface:
Original post by Edminzodo
GCSEs: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAB
AS (hoping for): AAA-ABB
Course: History/Archaeology

I haven't even considered Durham yet but I'll join the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm applying for Classical Civilisation/Ancient History, so I may see you if you get to Durham. I got A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*AAA and am currently studying Classical Civilisation, History and Food Technology at A-level.
Reply 313
Do you guys know how far Bulter is from the centre? I get the impression that it is quite 'isolated' is this true?
Reply 314
Original post by 90780
Do you guys know how far Bulter is from the centre? I get the impression that it is quite 'isolated' is this true?

It's about a ten minute walk, but there is a park and ride bus just outside of Butler, which costs £1 return to the centre. Your just a little further up the road from the other hill colleges, so it's not isolated at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 315
Original post by ebowey
It's about a ten minute walk, but there is a park and ride bus just outside of Butler, which costs £1 return to the centre. Your just a little further up the road from the other hill colleges, so it's not isolated at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, what is the nightlife like in Bulter?
Hi everyone
Applying for either Physics or Natsci for 2016 entry
GCSE:A*A*A*A*A*A*A*ABBC
AS: History A, Physics A, Chemistry A, Maths A
AS (done in year 13) predicted: Further Maths A
A2 predicted: Chemistry A*, Maths A*, Physics A, EP B.

Anyone know if you can get admissions statistics for colleges by subject? e.g. % of successful applications to University college for Physics
Original post by 90780

I saw it on the September open day, so I can answer this one.
Yes it is the furthest college out, but in Durham that really isn't saying much. Durham is a tiny town, it only takes 40 mins to walk form one side to the other so everywhere is close to everywhere else. I'm used to walking and cycling so it wouldn't bother me but if you hate walking Butler is literally right next to the park and ride so you can catch a Bus any time.

It's not terribly isolated either, collingwood and Grey are a 5 minute walk away.
Reply 318
Original post by Comandolf
I saw it on the September open day, so I can answer this one.
Yes it is the furthest college out, but in Durham that really isn't saying much. Durham is a tiny town, it only takes 40 mins to walk form one side to the other so everywhere is close to everywhere else. I'm used to walking and cycling so it wouldn't bother me but if you hate walking Butler is literally right next to the park and ride so you can catch a Bus any time.

It's not terribly isolated either, collingwood and Grey are a 5 minute walk away.

Ah okay, do you know what the nightlife is like? How are the facilities too? Also, I am applying for politics so do you know how far it is the building?
When did you send your email to them? I wouldn't worry too much yet, they probably haven't seen it hmm when I had to cancel my open day booking because we were moving my brother into uni that day they took a few days to get back to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest