The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2016 Entry Application

Hi,
I've just sent in my application to study History at Edinburgh and was wondering when I can expect to hear a response. So far I'd count myself very lucky as I already have offers from Manchester and KCL, which I received unbelievably quickly (I applied on Tuesday, got Manchester on Wednesday and King's on Friday). However, Edinburgh is my first choice so I'm pretty anxious to know when I'll hear back from them. Can anyone tell me when they heard back? Apparently they have a reputation for replying fairly slowly, is this true and if so when do you think I can expect to get response?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or help.
It's true that the Edinburgh process is pretty slow. I sent my form off early/mid September and I'm still waiting. Since it's a Scottish uni they also ask for a copy of your passport to determine your fee status and how quickly that gets done is factored in to when you get your offer. I sent off my passport details on the 30th September and I'm still waiting!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by Glapwood17
Hi,
I've just sent in my application to study History at Edinburgh and was wondering when I can expect to hear a response. So far I'd count myself very lucky as I already have offers from Manchester and KCL, which I received unbelievably quickly (I applied on Tuesday, got Manchester on Wednesday and King's on Friday). However, Edinburgh is my first choice so I'm pretty anxious to know when I'll hear back from them. Can anyone tell me when they heard back? Apparently they have a reputation for replying fairly slowly, is this true and if so when do you think I can expect to get response?

For most courses, Edinburgh operates a gathered field and doesn't start looking until after Jan 15th. That's not a totally hard and fast rule, but it's the norm for most things. It will help you to put it out of your mind if you expect this to be the case for you. My son got his offer on May 8th.
Reply 3
Original post by Glapwood17
Hi,

It depends on your fee status. If you're international, you should hear back pretty soon, before Christmas for sure. I've seen internationals get offers as early as now, but if you're UK/EU, you have to wait a while/:
Original post by erod47
It depends on your fee status. If you're international, you should hear back pretty soon, before Christmas for sure. I've seen internationals get offers as early as now, but if you're UK/EU, you have to wait a while/:

Can confirm. I am an international student in China doing the IB. I've got my offer yesterday, which was crazy fast...
I'm from England and I didn't have to send any passports?! But, I received an offer yesterday to study Chemistry (even though I had received an email a few weeks ago saying I probably wouldn't hear anything until January - very weird!) I think it may be different for each course but if you're a strong applicant (and it seems like you are with your offers!!!), then I think they will want to snap you up quickly so you will put them as your first choice!

All the best with your application!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending