The Student Room Group

Refugee Crisis

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tengentoppa

Merkel is having to backtrack on her pious and naive policy and we are all paying the price. Her "give me your tired your poor" discourse is encouraging more and more people to make the journey to Europe.

Agree with that. Merkel should be given a conical hat with a big D on it. She's as dumb as a box of rocks. She's done more to create this so-called refugee crisis than Assad ever has.
Original post by Howard
I'm sick to death of seeing them. All I see on TV are groups of young, military aged men, who should be at home fighting for their own country, freedom, and families like real men but are instead showing up in Germany expecting to be fed.

Many of them claim to be Syrians (a dubious claim for many of them) fleeing Assad. Well, Assad only controls 20% of Syria so why is it these people can make it all the way to Sweden but not into the 80% of Syria that isn't occupied by Assad and pick up a rifle? Reminds me of those old posters "Daddy, what did you do during the (civil) war"?......."Erm, I ran away to live in Sweden.........."

Europeans are so gullible it's hilarious. Merkel is a damned fool - the "refugee (or largely economic migrant) crisis" was created by her idiotic open door policy. She now realises the folly of her ways and has done an about turn but expects other countries like Poland to help clear up the mess she created.

In short. I'm sick of this horse ****. In fact, I'm so sick of it I don't even care about the genuine refugees because I'm suffering from chronic compassion fatigue.

The left are to blame. They are too gullible. I could easily pretend to be from Syria when I am really from Turkey (or even from IS), throw my documents away, claim I am escaping from Assad and need asylum, and the left will believe me. How pathetic they are. They can't contemplate people have the ability to lie, unless you are white, English, Rich and/or Right wing.
Original post by Bill_Gates
I'd happily open the door to many hundreds of thousands of desperate refugees.

Only hundreds of thousands? Is that all? Where is your ambition, your decency, your compassion?

What kind of impractical, naive, bleeding heart idiotic fool are you, for goodness sake? For shame, man!

There are tens of millions of desperate refugees in war torn countries, millions more starving in the third world, all of whom would love a taxpayer provided home in the UK and welfare benefits. What about them?

Don't you care??
Original post by chocolate hottie
Only hundreds of thousands? Is that all? Where is your ambition, your decency, your compassion?

What kind of impractical, naive, bleeding heart idiotic fool are you, for goodness sake? For shame, man!

There are tens of millions of desperate refugees in war torn countries, millions more starving in the third world, all of whom would love a taxpayer provided home in the UK and welfare benefits. What about them?

Don't you care??

They have a nationality a place to call home regardless of the conditions, they weren't uprooted due to OUR interventions and air strikes.

I would happily take a million or two.
Original post by rubysimpson
Hi!
Please could you tell me your opinion on the matter and perhaps some advantages and disadvantages of immigration?
Thanks

The disadvantages of immigration are sky high house prices, depressed wages, lower productivity, schools overflowing with kids, and GP surgeries filled to bursting for free NHS care they haven't paid into.

The advantages are cheap cleaners and plumbers for the rich.

You're welcome!
They have a nationality a place to call home regardless of the conditions, they weren't uprooted due to OUR interventions and air strikes.

I would happily take a million or two.

I know you would!

Get out there on the streets with your placards and chants. "We want two million more migrants! When do we want them? Now!" Migrants migrants migrants. In in in!"

There is a reason the "loony left" are so called.

You are certifiable lunatics. Totally, completely, barking mad.
I know you would!

Get out there on the streets with your placards and chants. "We want two million more migrants! When do we want them? Now!" Migrants migrants migrants. In in in!"

There is a reason the "loony left" are so called.

You are certifiable lunatics. Totally, completely, barking mad.

No need. I will quietly vote for it. Bring people around to my way of thinking, one by one.

Can't be told what to believe by Daily Mail. Blame the bankers not the refugees.
No need. I will quietly vote for it. Bring people around to my way of thinking, one by one.

Can't be told what to believe by Daily Mail. Blame the bankers not the refugees.

If the opinion polls are correct, about forty million people disagree with you.

So convincing them one by one may take some time... :biggrin:
If the opinion polls are correct, about forty million people disagree with you.

So convincing them one by one may take some time... :biggrin:

40m people disagree? core blimey who asked everyone?

Is that another daily mail fact? LOL
40m people disagree? core blimey who asked everyone?

Is that another daily mail fact? LOL

Actually it is probably a underestimate. :u:

Carry on though, your cause (though not popular) is wise and just. What a undiscovered genius you are, I just love hearing your interesting ideas...

Two million is about the population of Birmingham, Sheffield and Liverpool combined. How about we compulsorily purchase all the houses, move the migrants in, and the current residents get moved to tents on the Isle of Wight whilst paying for the living costs of the refugees?

Now that is a plan. Very neat! Sorted!! Only a fascist running dog of capitalism banker (who caused all the problems in the world in the first place!) could possibly object.
Actually it is probably a underestimate. :u:

Carry on though, your cause (though not popular) is wise and just. What a undiscovered genius you are, I just love hearing your interesting ideas...

Two million is about the population of Birmingham, Sheffield and Liverpool combined. How about we compulsorily purchase all the houses, move the migrants in, and the current residents get moved to tents on the Isle of Wight whilst paying for the living costs of the refugees?

Now that is a plan. Very neat! Sorted!! Only a fascist running dog of capitalism banker (who caused all the problems in the world in the first place!) could possibly object.

They will flood in regardless. Like they have done before, you cannot test human ingenuity. Not that any decent migrants would want to come to the UK any more.

Have to take what you can get, Germany knows.
T. Not that any decent migrants would want to come to the UK any more.

Yeah you are right as always.

I can just imagine the conversation.

"Ahmed?"

"Yes, Mohammed?"

"I heard that David Cameron won the election and Britain has become a more racist and homophobic society and is attempting to balance the books!"

"Not going there then Inshalah!"
Yeah you are right as always.

I can just imagine the conversation.

"Ahmed?"

"Yes, Mohammed?"

"I heard that David Cameron won the election and Britain has become a more racist and homophobic society and is attempting to balance the books!"

"Not going there then Inshalah!"

That's all you can get, did you not read what i said?

LMAO

Delusional.
Original post by Gears265
It is the 'Migrant' crisis, not 'Refugee' crisis. What you fail to realise is, all these migrants are in safe countries. Take Poland, Serbia, Hungary, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Slovenia, Croatia, Finland, Slovakia, Austria, France and on and on. They are not fleeing war from these countries, which makes them economic migrants

Statistics say only 1 in 5 are fleeing Syria and majority in Germany have come from countries which are not war torn.

We can not take the world. If we accept many more, people across the world will think we will accept them too. It is an endless cycle and because of people like you, more people will die trying to get here.

Australia shut their borders and guess what? People stopped coming and people stopped drowning.

We have a crisis on our services. What gives a migrant the right to a house over a homeless person?

Unless we drastically reduce migration levels so our services can cope, we can not take more refugees. Numbers are high as it is

I think it would be to prioritise allowing refugees from war to enter the country over any other migrant. Then start to decrease immigration altogether.
If you're fleeing from a country you want to migrate to a country that has the best options for you i.e education, jobs. So obviously they're not going to stay in Eastern Europe compared to countries like Germany and the U.K. Common sense.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
If you're fleeing from a country you want to migrate to a country that has the best options for you i.e education, jobs. So obviously they're not going to stay in Eastern Europe compared to countries like Germany and the U.K. Common sense.

So wait a minute, we should let the eastern Europeans suffer in their country but let migrants from the rest of the world not have to suffer with them but come to the UK and Germany? How pathetic. We are talking about escaping war, once in eastern Europe they have escaped war. That makes them economic migrants and we have every right to not accept them.
Original post by Gears265
So wait a minute, we should let the eastern Europeans suffer in their country but let migrants from the rest of the world not have to suffer with them but come to the UK and Germany? How pathetic. We are talking about escaping war, once in eastern Europe they have escaped war. That makes them economic migrants and we have every right to not accept them.

All I'm saying is it makes sense for the refugees/migrants to travel west. They have more options. I think most people would do the same in their situation. Why seek refuge in e.g Serbia when there are countries like Germany? Yes some see it as economic migrants but they just want the best future which is understandable. I'm not saying I totally agree with everything going on in the crisis though.
First of all as mentioned they are refugees, not migrants, and second of all there's a possibility that these refugees could come to these countries and start havoc, second of all a lot of them are economic migrants who are taking advantage of the system and deserve to be kicked out to be honest, thats my opinion
Reply 38
Once again religion has ruined rational decision-making. Merkel clearly acted as a Christian rather than the leader of a multi-belief country and is now forcing others to share the consequences of her decision. It's comical to see how quickly her approval ratings have fallen.
That's all you can get, did you not read what i said?

LMAO

Delusional.

What did you say exactly, it is hard to keep track?

I remember you wanted two million "refugees" on top of current immigration levels, and we were discussing moving all the current inhabitants of Birmingham, Liverpool and Sheffield to the Isle of Wight to give them homes.

But there are four million Syrian "refugees" expatriated, so what is two more million? We have a duty to really help, surely?

That is about the population of Wales. Let's move them out to make way for the next batch. The Isle of Wight is probably pretty full now, with Brummies and Scousers, so the Welsh would have to go somewhere else. Anglesey? That is still Wales! Good thinking, Bill!

Who needs Rugby (especially since the always beat us) when you can have two more million Muslims, living in the Valleys, getting on so peacefully with everybody who isn't a Muslim, or is the wrong SORT of Muslim...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending