The Student Room Group

Eligibility for Student Finance to Study Architecture Part 2 with an Oversees Degree

Hi, I could not find a clear answer to this so I hope someone can guide me. Basically I hold an oversees Bachelor degree in architecture that I have obtained a while ago. I hold an offer to study Part 2 but I read that Part 2 is considered an undergraduate degree and I might not be eligible for funding because I already hold a degree (the university considered my degree equivalent to Part 1). Do I have any options or alternatives to fund my Part 2 course? bearing in mind that I hold refugee status in the UK and trying to recommence my career.
Original post by 249mars
Hi, I could not find a clear answer to this so I hope someone can guide me. Basically I hold an oversees Bachelor degree in architecture that I have obtained a while ago. I hold an offer to study Part 2 but I read that Part 2 is considered an undergraduate degree and I might not be eligible for funding because I already hold a degree (the university considered my degree equivalent to Part 1). Do I have any options or alternatives to fund my Part 2 course? bearing in mind that I hold refugee status in the UK and trying to recommence my career.

Hi there, For us to be able to determine funding available we would need clarification on the overseas qualification level to compare to our levels of qualification. You can confirm this via NARIC - https://www.ecctis.com/Universities%20And%20Colleges/Default.aspx
Do you hold Settled or Pre settled status?
Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. I will consult the link. The degree I hold as a bachelor degree of science in Architecture (5 years). I have settled “Leave to remain as a refugee” status.
Original post by 249mars
Thank you for your reply. I will consult the link. The degree I hold as a bachelor degree of science in Architecture (5 years). I have settled “Leave to remain as a refugee” status.

Hi there,

Can you also confirm when you attended your first part of the course?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Graduated 2018
Original post by 249mars
Graduated 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming. In that case, due to their being a gap of 3 years or more, you would be considered a postgraduate student however, if you have maintained a link in that industry, you may still be able to apply as an undergraduate student to continue on part 2.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Thank you for clarifying! one last question, the eligibility could be for both tuition and maintenance or only maintenance loan?

Appreciate your help!
Original post by 249mars
Thank you for clarifying! one last question, the eligibility could be for both tuition and maintenance or only maintenance loan?

Appreciate your help!

Hi there,

That would be for both the Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending