The Student Room Group

Not eating

I havent eaten properly for more than 2 weeks. On a good day I'll manage my breakfast and a bit of my tea but on a bad day I wont eat anything. Take today for example, when I woke up I didnt feel great so I skipped breakfast, when I got to school my best friend told me she felt sick so I started to panic so much I made myself feel physically sick. At break time I realized I should eat something so I had two plain biscuits, then I immediately regretted it because I started to feel sick. At lunch my friend threw up and straight away I went into panic mode and didnt eat. So in 24 hours I have had two biscuits. I know I should eat and I really want to but the thought of it makes me feel sick or like I'm going to be sick, and I really dont want to be because I hate being sick and my sister has emetophobia (severe fear of being sick) . Please someone tell me something that would help me start eating again, I'm getting desperate.
Go to your GP they'll help you get in contact with someone that can help
Have some sort of juice then gradually add food.
Reply 3
Prior to these two weeks, were you eating normally? I had a two week period where I was eating a slice of bread and some milk, other days just a biscuit for about 2 weeks, gradually my appetite improved and now I'm eating like a horse. Did anything trigger this? Are you actually feeling hungry but unable to eat? Or do you have absolutely no desire to eat?
Please go see your GP, you could end up seriously ill if you don't soon
Original post by Zuki
Prior to these two weeks, were you eating normally? I had a two week period where I was eating a slice of bread and some milk, other days just a biscuit for about 2 weeks, gradually my appetite improved and now I'm eating like a horse. Did anything trigger this? Are you actually feeling hungry but unable to eat? Or do you have absolutely no desire to eat?

Before the two weeks I was eating completely normally, I do get hungry so I havent lost my appetite completely I just cant bring myself to eat because the thought of it makes me feel worse.
Original post by bellalalaxo
Please go see your GP, you could end up seriously ill if you don't soon

My sister is being treated for her fear of being sick, so if I ever mention that I feel the same way my mum completely dismisses it as if I'm not a priority so I doubt I'll be going to my GP any time soon :frown:
Original post by annabrocklehurst
My sister is being treated for her fear of being sick, so if I ever mention that I feel the same way my mum completely dismisses it as if I'm not a priority so I doubt I'll be going to my GP any time soon :frown:

Take yourself to the Doctors, you don't need your parents permission, and it's completely confidential so there's no reason not to go :smile:

you can book an appointment yourself :smile:
Original post by bellalalaxo
you can book an appointment yourself :smile:

Thats the problem I cant
Thats the problem I cant

Pretend you have some kind of other issue, like a pain somewhere, and if ur parents come with u ask the doctor if you can talk in private
Thats the problem I cant

Why not?:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending