The Student Room Group

Man got his penis cut off for raping female student in China

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emily.97
Ffs.
That isn't what i said, was it? The girl said that those who rape should have their penises cut off, including women. Women do not have penises, so the comment doesn't make sense. Read back and quit making assumptions.

by definition women cannot rape, because they have no penis.

they can only sexually assault.
Original post by In One Ear
Thank god someone here has a brain. Chopping someones penis off is absolutely not an appropriate punishment and its not even vaguely comparable to being raped (for all those "eye for an eye" people here).

Yes rape is a terrible thing to endure but its mainly emotional damage, the physical damage is often minor (or non-existent) and will almost certainly heal given a bit of time. A woman can (given enough time) largely get over it (some will, some won't and will forever have mental baggage but certainly most have the potential to carry on their lives as normal after a bit of healing time, for the most part).

Chopping of a man's penis on the other hand is largely destroying him as a man- he will no longer have any sexual function for the rest of his life and certainly will never be able to have kids without medical intervention (assuming his testes are left intact). Its somewhat equivalent (but not directly) to chopping a woman's breasts off, then mashing up nether regions so she has no physical sensation down there so can't possibly feel sexual pleasure, but of course such a woman could still get pregnant and have kids without medical intervention if her ovaries were fine so its still not as bad. And what about that couple of % that get falsely accused of rape...you're destroying them physically for life when they are innocent!

Rape absolutely should carry very severe punishment, but chopping a man's penis off is not what that punishment should be.

no but in Saudi Arabia rapists get 100 lashes and banishment. is that much better?
Original post by JeremyOU
no but in Saudi Arabia rapists get 100 lashes and banishment. is that much better?

What's your point?
Original post by Jooooshy
What's your point?

Britain has really nice punishments. people go to jail
Original post by JeremyOU
Britain has really nice punishments. people go to jail

Nice or appropriate?
Original post by Jooooshy
Nice or appropriate?

matter of opinion on what's appropriate or not.
I don't really feel sorry for him. Any man that rapes a woman really shouldn't have the right to reproduce.

Honestly seems sort of fair to me. You misuse it, you lose it. They used to have a rule in ancient times where they cut off the hand of a thief. This seems more reasonable than that, but along the same lines.

I mean, no, we can't really do that as an official punishment. But let's just say I wouldn't be inclined to give much of a sentence to someone who did that to a rapist in the heat of the moment if I were a judge or a jury member. LOL.

Is it barbaric? Yeah. But so is rape. I guess for crimes like rape and murder, it's just not upsetting to see a brutal punishment. Probably the two worst crimes anyone could ever commit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Seems a bit barabric.
This is just wrong. But at least it wasn't the government so what can you do? :/
Original post by thunder_chunky
Seems a bit barabric.

Don't knock it 'till you try it.
Original post by PrincessZara
Why did you state he was Black, Why bring race in to things.

Actually the race aspect with greater context suggests a different angle/motive to the story. Black men are stereotypically associated with hyper masculinity, athleticism, strength and of course big penises. When I see this story I am immediately taken taken back to 17th century where blacks were castrated as punishment. But what is so special about a black mans penis that you cut if off after you've already lynched him? Could the driver of this practice stem from envy and insecurity.
It's no secret that the national average on penis size in the East Asia is among the lowest. Could there also be some deep rooted envy and insecurity in this case? Because the gesture seem symbolic.
Original post by Truths
Actually the race aspect with greater context suggests a different angle/motive to the story. Black men are stereotypically associated with hyper masculinity, athleticism, strength and of course big penises. When I see this story I am immediately taken taken back to 17th century where blacks were castrated as punishment. But what is so special about a black mans penis that you cut if off after you've already lynched him? Could the driver of this practice stem from envy and insecurity.
It's no secret that the national average on penis size in the East Asia is among the lowest. Could there also be some deep rooted envy and insecurity in this case? Because the gesture seem symbolic.

So you're trying to say that he wrote the guys race to tell us that he had a big penis? wtf lmao da***
Original post by PrincessZara
So you're trying to say that he wrote the guys race to tell us that he had a big penis? wtf lmao da***

No. I'm saying that knowing the race of victim gave me a different perspective on the story.
Original post by HucktheForde
by angry mob and was reminded that this is not india

I dont know which one is worse, the rape or the...

Spoiler

If you punish a murderer you take his weapon away if you punish a rapists you take his genitals away.
Rapists don't deserve human rights
Original post by 010197
Good.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Good it should happen to every rapist.
Original post by saxsan4
Should not have raped her then
Original post by Most Competitive
Serves him right imo
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Ahaha, karma's a bitch isn't it?
Original post by driftawaay
Cool. This shoould be law everywhere.
Original post by sparkletoo
Good. He certainly won't be raping anyone else anytime soon. Clean, swift justice executed finely. Next.
Original post by z33
good, this should be done to every rapist - man or woman

I hope you guys realise there is no information that indicates this wasn't the rule of law. This was vigilante "justice" from a mob. Was he found guilty by the courts or even tried? Was there any investigation at all? You don't know the answer to these things but you are commending this behaviour.
How would you feel if you got castrated because someone simply pointed the finger at you? You guys need to get into critical thinking instead of being so emotional.
Original post by AnimeGuy
If you punish a murderer you take his weapon away if you punish a rapists you take his genitals away.
Rapists don't deserve human rights

What about other criminals. Do they not deserve human rights?
Original post by Truths
What about other criminals. Do they not deserve human rights?

Anyone that harms an innocent person for they're own pleasure doesn't deserve human right.
Original post by HucktheForde
by angry mob and was reminded that this is not india

I dont know which one is worse, the rape or the...

Spoiler

The TSR 'Eye for eye' Brigade may not appreciate, actually comprehend this statement: Rule of Law.
Original post by AnimeGuy
Anyone that harms an innocent person for they're own pleasure doesn't deserve human right.

Once you start picking and choosing who gets these rights, they are no longer "human rights"
Original post by Truths
Once you start picking and choosing who gets these rights, they are no longer "human rights"

yeah I guess you're right but you have to admit sending these people to prison is just not enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending