The Student Room Group

Marriage, sex and cheating

I had a few questions for those who are in marriages...

Did the sex ever fizzle out?

Did you ever cheat or thinking of cheating because of the sex maybe no longer being great?

Do you regret getting married and limiting yourself to one sexual partner?

This one is for the ladies... Did size matter to you when chosing the right person to marry?
Are you asking as a man or as a woman?
By size you mean penis? Or weight?
Original post by Anonymous
Are you asking as a man or as a woman?
By size you mean penis? Or weight?

Asking as a woman and penis size
Atheist Saudigirl here (culturally English/European upper middle class)
Serious answer: I chose my fiance because he's dead smart, (at Cambridge uni as am I )
very good looking (Irish,dark hair,dark blue eyes 5-10'). and impeccable manners.
I think the BF before my fiancé was bigger penis by 1.5 - 2" " or so - but No Contest as a lover or Marriage Material.
(edited 5 months ago)
Who is going to be married on a student website
Original post by I am Christine

hi, you're probably correct to assume very few undergrads will be thinking engagement or marriage

But I'm going to be married June 2024 - and I've never been so happy!
(see my post above)

(edited 5 months ago)

The many adults who are on here. It's not necessarily the first place I'd go to for marriage advice, but there are married people on here. So to answer the questions:

There are obviously times when you'll be having more or less sex, and as time goes on you're likely to have less sex than at the start of the relationship. In some marriages sex does fizzle out, but that's not because of the fact of marriage. It's down to other issues. Every long term relationship, whether you are married or not, requires constant work, a that includes in relation to your sex life. In theory at least, whilst you'll almost certainly have sex much less often the further you get into a relationship, the sex should actually be better as you mature and get to know each other better. But again, there are plenty of relationships and marriages where that does happen. It shouldn't be something that puts you off marriage, though.

As for the other questions, no, I've never been tempted to cheat because of not having sex as often, or through times when the sex wasn't as good as it might have been. Again, research shows that people cheat for a variety of reasons, but those reasons can always be traced back to the relationship itself rather than something inherent about sex within a marriage. In terms of restricting yourself to one sexual partner, that again hasn't been an issue for me, nor for the majority of people that I know, but that is a personal choice. You get into a long term relationship, whether that includes marriage or not, when you are ready to. Any concerns that you have about restricting yourself to having sex with one person should be solved by making sure that you're sexually compatible with the person that you marry.

Not going to answer the size question. I'd suggest it's tied up in the sexual compatibility point. If you don't enjoy sex with someone, for whatever reason, it's probably not a good idea to marry them.

Students who got married? There's is min age limit here but not a max.
Reply 8
I got married in 2018 and we both are living a happy life as husband and wife .If you are both partners love each other ,then size does not matter
Original post by StriderHort
Students who got married? There's is min age limit here but not a max.

I think getting married before 25 is far too early

No one mentioned age? Plenty of people older than that here anyway.
Reply 11

You are asking right because its good time for couples

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending