The Student Room Group

Is sex supposed to hurt your first time?

I had sex for the first time and it kind of hurt. He seemed to enjoy it but I did not that much. Is this normal? How can I make it better next time?
Reply 1
Did you use a lubricant? It's supposed to hurt a little since it's your first time.
Original post by Ella21756
Did you use a lubricant? It's supposed to hurt a little since it's your first time.

we had a condom that had lube on it.
Original post by jamie.c10
I had sex for the first time and it kind of hurt. He seemed to enjoy it but I did not that much. Is this normal? How can I make it better next time?

If you're female and it hurt the first time, that's fairly common actually. Here's some things and pointers to consider the next time you plan on getting it on:

Lube (if you can't get wet). Sounds basic but this matters more than the rest!

Consider (more) foreplay. Like our mouths stretching before we eat, or we yawn, the vagina is more open before and after sex, which has the function of preparing for intercourse and accommodating his penis better. If you're too quick 'sticking it in' without much foreplay this is a common reason why females feel pain!

Masturbation. Especially penetration (dildos, fingering). The vagina is a muscle, and, like all other muscles in our body, it can be stretched and made flexible. So if your vagina is more flexible during intercourse, it can help with the sensations when he puts his penis inside you.

Hope these help 🙂
Original post by Anonymous #1
If you're female and it hurt the first time, that's fairly common actually. Here's some things and pointers to consider the next time you plan on getting it on:

Lube (if you can't get wet). Sounds basic but this matters more than the rest!

Consider (more) foreplay. Like our mouths stretching before we eat, or we yawn, the vagina is more open before and after sex, which has the function of preparing for intercourse and accommodating his penis better. If you're too quick 'sticking it in' without much foreplay this is a common reason why females feel pain!

Masturbation. Especially penetration (dildos, fingering). The vagina is a muscle, and, like all other muscles in our body, it can be stretched and made flexible. So if your vagina is more flexible during intercourse, it can help with the sensations when he puts his penis inside you.

Hope these help 🙂

Ok thank you! I will try these. I did not think he was that big but he was bigger than my finger which is what I am used to. I guess I just need to stretch more.

Quick Reply

Latest