The Student Room Group

Applying for Medicine without A level Biology?

At the minute I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics at AS. I know that Maths and Further Maths are generally counted as one for medicine, which is why I'm thinking of dropping further maths at AS and picking up AS biology whilst continuing with maths,chemistry and physics to A level.
For my GCSEs I got an A* in further maths, A in maths (taken a year early), A in chemistry, A in biology, A in physics, A in history, B in geography, B in religious studies, B in french, B in English literature and a C in English language. I was really disappointed with my GCSEs as I had my heart set on becoming a doctor, and my GCSEs aren't good enough- especially the C in english language (resitting on the 3rd November) .

Do I have any shot realisitically of studying medicine at university if I get all As at AS level?
Original post by Megan_101
At the minute I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics at AS. I know that Maths and Further Maths are generally counted as one for medicine, which is why I'm thinking of dropping further maths at AS and picking up AS biology whilst continuing with maths,chemistry and physics to A level.
For my GCSEs I got an A* in further maths, A in maths (taken a year early), A in chemistry, A in biology, A in physics, A in history, B in geography, B in religious studies, B in french, B in English literature and a C in English language. I was really disappointed with my GCSEs as I had my heart set on becoming a doctor, and my GCSEs aren't good enough- especially the C in english language (resitting on the 3rd November) .

Do I have any shot realisitically of studying medicine at university if I get all As at AS level?

Yep, sounds like you've got the right ideas and are making the right plans :yy: Your GCSEs are fine btw, especially if you get a B or above in English language.
You can still do medicine without a level biology
Most medical Univeristies allow this, just check before you apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending