The Student Room Group

A level biology in a year

Hi guys,
I'm doing maths, physics and chemistry a level and had a switch in career decision and want to do medicine.
I'm taking a gap year and want to do a level biology in that year(AQA) and was wondering whether it would be possible to get an A/A*
Original post by Wan bissaka
Hi guys,
I'm doing maths, physics and chemistry a level and had a switch in career decision and want to do medicine.
I'm taking a gap year and want to do a level biology in that year(AQA) and was wondering whether it would be possible to get an A/A*

Medicine is one of the most oversubscribed subjects in the UK?! ☹️

Are you applying for Graduate or Undergraduate Medicine? 🙂

It is possible to complete the Biology content in 3 months, studying 6 hours a day. 😉
Reply 2
Original post by Wan bissaka
Hi guys,

There are a lot of med schools you can apply to without A level biology? But yes, lots of people do it in a year and get good grades
Contact your chosen medical schools and ask if they require biology- some don't require it. And to be honest, not much of what you will learn in A level biology is particularly relevant to medicine. I understand most Universities require chemistry and that part I completely understand.
Reply 4
Original post by ErasistratusV
Contact your chosen medical schools and ask if they require biology- some don't require it. And to be honest, not much of what you will learn in A level biology is particularly relevant to medicine. I understand most Universities require chemistry and that part I completely understand.

I hope nobody is choosing med schools without all possible stats to hand!
There is a list of A level reqs here, or use the MSC document, but do check individual med schools closer to the time OP
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5611422
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending