The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni to apply for a different course? HELP

I am currently like 5 weeks into a chemical engineering degree and I am really not enjoying it and already feel like I am way behind in the work and have absolutely no interest/motivation for it.
I really have no clue what to do. I have always been interested in becoming a dentist (don't know why, don't know if it's a genuine interest) but was just considering how hard it would be for me to maybe apply for this for next year HOWEVER I don't have a biology a-level, so would it be at all possible to maybe drop out, do the full a level this year and get some dentistry experience and apply for next year or is it just too late?
Any advice appreciated.
I have 3A*'s in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry.
Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Can you transfer to the course at the uni you're at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Can you transfer to the course at the uni you're at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly doubt it since we're going into week 5 (which is actually week 6) and I don't have a biology a level :frown:
Hmmmm :/ do you like the uni your at? You could talk to your personal tutor and explain the situation and that you'll go away and study the a level and then ask if you can come back next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mizzsnazzter
Hmmmm :/ do you like the uni your at? You could talk to your personal tutor and explain the situation and that you'll go away and study the a level and then ask if you can come back next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the uni is okay, I guess it would be worth speaking to my tutor. Is that something that you can actually do though haha, surely I would have to reapply through UCAS and all that lol?
Naaaah you don't go through UCAS at all, they're often more lenient if you're already at the uni so definitely go speak to your tutor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest