The Student Room Group

I need advice

Hello, everyone. I’m a second year student at a bad uni where I don’t like the environment, job prospects are bad and I don’t like my course. I’m considering dropping out and applying to good unis where I have a very good chance of being accepted. However, this means I’ll start studying in September 2025. Can anyone advise me on what to as my stress levels are through the roof. Any advice will be appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, everyone. I’m a second year student at a bad uni where I don’t like the environment, job prospects are bad and I don’t like my course. I’m considering dropping out and applying to good unis where I have a very good chance of being accepted. However, this means I’ll start studying in September 2025. Can anyone advise me on what to as my stress levels are through the roof. Any advice will be appreciated!

You could apply this cycle for Sep 2024 entry. Even though you have missed the equal consideration deadline you can apply now if the course you are interested in is still open to applications. Check uni websites and/or call to make sure.
(edited 2 months ago)
Hello!

What is great is that you have University experience already. A friend of mine had removed themself from their last University after a month when they realised it really wasn't for them. They applied to their current University and had a much better experiecne after that.
To echo normaw, defintely look at university websites to check deadlines. What also may help is to reach out to the new University to see if there could be any credits you could possibly transfer. I am not an expert by any means but have had friends who did this when they transferred to a different Uni.

Happy to share more context or provide support 🙂

You got this!

Aleks (She/her) - law student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending