The Student Room Group

Amylase Help

Hi
I really need some serious help with my presentation on amylase. I've looked on dozens of web pages, in my college library and on it's ebury and I can't find any information at all not even anything vague about it's chemical structure of anything about haem to do with it.

I'm desperate and starting to panic because its due in on Monday and I still have two other bits of shorter work due in next week as well that I haven't even started and I work at the weekends so I haven't got the time to do any college work then and I'm in college itself this evening and tomorrow morning so I only have this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon to get it all done.

So if anyone can please help me?
Original post by TaniaB87
Hi
I really need some serious help with my presentation on amylase. I've looked on dozens of web pages, in my college library and on it's ebury and I can't find any information at all not even anything vague about it's chemical structure of anything about haem to do with it.

I'm desperate and starting to panic because its due in on Monday and I still have two other bits of shorter work due in next week as well that I haven't even started and I work at the weekends so I haven't got the time to do any college work then and I'm in college itself this evening and tomorrow morning so I only have this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon to get it all done.

So if anyone can please help me?

What do you need to know about it that can't be found on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amylase
Reply 2
Wikipedia doesn't have anything about the chemical composition or anything about haem's in relation to amylase and I'm not allowed to use any wiki website as a reference for college work anyway because it can be changed to be wrong or inaccurate.
Original post by TaniaB87
Wikipedia doesn't have anything about the chemical composition or anything about haem's in relation to amylase and I'm not allowed to use any wiki website as a reference for college work anyway because it can be changed to be wrong or inaccurate.

Wikipedia contains other links to the complete structure of amylase.

There is a string of 514 amino acids in alpha-amylase with a calcium atom and a chloride ion.

FYI there are no haem groups involved in amylase.
Reply 4
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest