The Student Room Group

Overheard at uni

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsphodelMist
One of my friends thought they spoke 'Waleish'

:angry:
I was listening to these two guys stood outside a philosophy tutorial and one went:

"Yeah, I am just so glad to have finished that essay man. I spent ages on it but then I realised I'd ****ed up and had to start the entire thing again so I had wasted like three days. I thought it was 2000 words not 1500..."

And the other guy goes:

"You had to start it again entirely? Wow, you must have really ****ed it up then!"

And I just found it so hilarious I actually let out a giggle lol and they both stared awkwardly at me. But that second guy was just in total shock at the prospect of having to start an essay again entirely after spending three days on it that he just bluntly acknowledges to the other guy that he "really ****ed up"... Which is really rather rude... Ahhh I just found it funny. It was something that had to be seen really. The shock on that second guy's face lol...
Original post by TorpidPhil
I was listening to these two guys stood outside a philosophy tutorial and one went:

"Yeah, I am just so glad to have finished that essay man. I spent ages on it but then I realised I'd ****ed up and had to start the entire thing again so I had wasted like three days. I thought it was 2000 words not 1500..."

And the other guy goes:

"You had to start it again entirely? Wow, you must have really ****ed it up then!"

And I just found it so hilarious I actually let out a giggle lol and they both stared awkwardly at me. But that second guy was just in total shock at the prospect of having to start an essay again entirely after spending three days on it that he just bluntly acknowledges to the other guy that he "really ****ed up"... Which is really rather rude... Ahhh I just found it funny. It was something that had to be seen really. The shock on that second guy's face lol...

I'd probably say the same thing to someone who spent 3 days writing up an essay just to demolish it all and start again. :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I'd probably say the same thing to someone who spent 3 days writing up an essay just to demolish it all and start again. :redface:

Well to be honest the first guy is a bit of a buffoon. And a bit of a class joker, despite being at university... in a philosophy class... So... I cannot say I was shocked at this revelation of his. That didn't move me whatsoever...
Reply 44
At the start of my philosophy module we were given a 10-step guide to writing a philosophy essay. It actually says to write the essay 3 or 4 times.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.jimpryor.net/teaching/guidelines/writing.html#Revising

"You should count on writing many drafts of your paper. At least 3 or 4!!"

Sod that!
(edited 8 years ago)
Well to be honest the first guy is a bit of a buffoon. And a bit of a class joker, despite being at university... in a philosophy class... So... I cannot say I was shocked at this revelation of his. That didn't move me whatsoever...

Lmao buffoon? AHAHA

well tbh you must be to get it all wrong for 3 days! :redface:
Lmao buffoon? AHAHA

well tbh you must be to get it all wrong for 3 days! :redface:

It's all the more hilarious becuase he's northern irish too. So his buffoonery+his accent is just a good craic.

But yeah, he's a total buffoon. He regularly pulls squinted faces in tutorials and then when prompted about why he is pulling such awkward faces he comes out with things like "I just hate Moore, I just cannot stand the guy. In fact I think about 80% of the philosophers I've studied I just hate".

And everyone just sort of blankly stares at nothing and it's all terribly awkward... Then the lecturer and myself typically let out a mild giggle at his sheer buffoonery and then she will normally say "it's ok Elliott, you don't have to like them!" and then try to divert the discussion lmao.

I must say he's better to have as a peer though for his sheer entertainment value than some ginger, comb-overed, pale-skinned, lanky, permanently suit-donning, pretentious, pompous, **** who refuses to take off his oxford's for a pair of dandy sneakers... Ugh, I hated that guy. Makes sense though. I'm just a standard northern lad. He should be ashamed someone of my background could share a seat in a class of a higher institute education, hahaha. **** >_>
It's all the more hilarious becuase he's northern irish too. So his buffoonery+his accent is just a good craic.

But yeah, he's a total buffoon. He regularly pulls squinted faces in tutorials and then when prompted about why he is pulling such awkward faces he comes out with things like "I just hate Moore, I just cannot stand the guy. In fact I think about 80% of the philosophers I've studied I just hate".

And everyone just sort of blankly stares at nothing and it's all terribly awkward... Then the lecturer and myself typically let out a mild giggle at his sheer buffoonery and then she will normally say "it's ok Elliott, you don't have to like them!" and then try to divert the discussion lmao.

I must say he's better to have as a peer though for his sheer entertainment value than some ginger, comb-overed, pale-skinned, lanky, permanently suit-donning, pretentious, pompous, **** who refuses to take off his oxford's for a pair of dandy sneakers... Ugh, I hated that guy. Makes sense though. I'm just a standard northern lad. He should be ashamed someone of my background could share a seat in a class of a higher institute education, hahaha. **** >_>

Lmao you REALLY hate him, don't you? :colondollar:

I like Irish accents though, I don't see how they can contribute to 'buffoonery' lool.

But the rest is hilarious XD XD

'It's okay Elliot, you don't have to like them" :rofl::rofl: that made me laugh! :biggrin:
Lmao you REALLY hate him, don't you? :colondollar:

I like Irish accents though, I don't see how they can contribute to 'buffoonery' lool.

But the rest is hilarious XD XD

'It's okay Elliot, you don't have to like them" :rofl::rofl: that made me laugh! :biggrin:

Pompous, pretentious, arrogant **** sums him up well. A waste of time. If I had his luxuries in life I'd have done so much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9SApeProCY

You must be able to imagine why speaking like this for ages results in quite a silly sounding person.
How do I cook this packet of insta pasta/toast? They are the best questions :tongue:
is it hot? - bunsen burner chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending