The Student Room Group

Post a picture of your study area Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EggsterminateMe
Ah anthropogenic factors takes me all the way back to biology.
Climate change and global warming I think, will always be a big concern. I'm glad atmosphereic phycists can deal with anthropogenic effects. Having conversations like these makes me want to educate myself in everything. Seriously.

And If only I had space for another monitor. I guess it's kind of like if someone has two mobile phones. They'd feel weird going back to one again. Does that even make sense?

It's definitely worth educating yourself about the climate change situation. It's turned into a political issue by a lot of people but really, it's simply a scientific question. The basics aren't too difficult to understand.

I'm not really sure if it's the same as having two mobile phones because you wouldn't use them at the same time. I think it's probably more like not wanting to go back to an old nokia brickphone once you've got a smartphone. Big screens are awesome and having multiple monitors just allows you to have more stuff up at the same time which is soooo useful.
Original post by Chlorophile
It's definitely worth educating yourself about the climate change situation. It's turned into a political issue by a lot of people but really, it's simply a scientific question. The basics aren't too difficult to understand.

I'm not really sure if it's the same as having two mobile phones because you wouldn't use them at the same time. I think it's probably more like not wanting to go back to an old nokia brickphone once you've got a smartphone. Big screens are awesome and having multiple monitors just allows you to have more stuff up at the same time which is soooo useful.

To be honest I think we could all help reduce global warming if we did the small things. Turning off the lights, reusing plastic bags (plastic bags is a big issue since they don't deteriorate) and more things of those sort.

Okay. Yh mine was a rubbish example. Yours makes more sense lol.
To be honest I think we could all help reduce global warming if we did the small things. Turning off the lights, reusing plastic bags (plastic bags is a big issue since they don't deteriorate) and more things of those sort.

Okay. Yh mine was a rubbish example. Yours makes more sense lol.

Well to be honest those small things are great but they're utterly irrelevant if there's not a large scale change in terms of our energy supplies, fuels and business practises. Industry is very fond of mantras like "Switch of your TV when you're not using it!" because that puts all of the burden of change on the consumer rather than them. And whilst those things are all obviously important, the most important changes that are needed are much larger scale. You can make a strong argument that capitalism and sustainability are mutually exclusive.
Original post by Chlorophile
Well to be honest those small things are great but they're utterly irrelevant if there's not a large scale change in terms of our energy supplies, fuels and business practises. Industry is very fond of mantras like "Switch of your TV when you're not using it!" because that puts all of the burden of change on the consumer rather than them. And whilst those things are all obviously important, the most important changes that are needed are much larger scale. You can make a strong argument that capitalism and sustainability are mutually exclusive.

But how do you make big changes? There's still deforestation, burning of fossil fuels, making of non biodegradable plastic and of course the non renewable energy and many more things. Not everyone is concerned about Climate change or global warming.
Reply 404
Got a much bigger desk since last time I posted here:

But how do you make big changes? There's still deforestation, burning of fossil fuels, making of non biodegradable plastic and of course the non renewable energy and many more things. Not everyone is concerned about Climate change or global warming.

Well, you force them. The planet doesn't particularly care if some people aren't concerned about Climate Change, it's going to continue whether people 'believe' in it or not.

Original post by Petick
Got a much bigger desk since last time I posted here:

Nice chair!

Nothing special really. It is actually quite neat I think. I get a bit uncomfortable and distracted if things are messy while I am studying. Near the lamp if you're wondering is my study routine - next to that is a big poster of the world map (I like geography).
Original post by MrMackyTv

Nothing special really. It is actually quite neat I think. I get a bit uncomfortable and distracted if things are messy while I am studying. Near the lamp if you're wondering is my study routine - next to that is a big poster of the world map (I like geography).

Where did you buy the lamp? Such brightness
Where did you buy the lamp? Such brightness

I bought it off amazon. It isn't really expensive.

x

Lovely bookshelf.
Original post by Nidfeo
Lovely bookshelf.

Thank you. This was aages ago. My taste in books have kind of changed and my shelves are all nearly double-stacked
Thank you. This was aages ago. My taste in books have kind of changed and my shelves are all nearly double-stacked

I think a picture is required!
I miss this thread:sad::sadnod:
I miss this thread:sad::sadnod:

Hello egg! I may have a photo to post soon!
Original post by addylad
Hello egg! I may have a photo to post soon!

Ah I remember you. It's been a long time. I've become more of a silent watcher on TSR now.
Original post by ILovePancakes
picture240.jpg
Very tidy, as you can see :tongue:.

This picture is missing something... like ummm Pancakes?
Original post by kendellex
I love my post its too aha! Most of them are from artbox :smile:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1399298823.162161.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile::h:
omg thats so awesome love your stuff
Update :biggrin:

20151113_175237.jpg
Original post by ubisoft

How many cockroaches do you think are inside that dump?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending