The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KimKallstrom
Why are you so desperate to remove the tag of their religion from these killers even though their region was their reason for being killers?

Not all people from this religion have been killers but most have been apologists for it.

the majority of people from the religion have not been killers lol...how many people follow islam are there in the uk alone? how many are killers?
Original post by MattyR2895
There are, it just doesn't get reported in the mainstream media. For example:

Moreover, terrorism done specifically in the name of Islam makes up merely 2pc of all terrorist attacks in Europe.

Care to tell me what the other 98% of terrorist attacks are?
Original post by billydisco
How else you going to deny 99.9999% of terrorist atrocities committed in the name of Islam?!

Take a breath, read what I wrote (and the quote I was replying to), and then engage brain :wink:
Original post by BaconandSauce
Which secret organisations?

There's plenty , search em up.
Elite wealthy people.
Original post by MattyR2895
There are, it just doesn't get reported in the mainstream media. For example:

Moreover, terrorism done specifically in the name of Islam makes up merely 2pc of all terrorist attacks in Europe.

Yet while you typing that Muslims are currency executing people one by one in a theatre in Paris

Do you have no shame?
Reply 345
Original post by xxvine
what makes you sure they follow islam though?

They can claim to follow Islam but it doesn't mean they do...there is clearly something wrong with them...

People can claim that they are doing this in the name of 'a religon' but they may just be ill or just sociopaths...

No. Really don't think so. Plenty of absolutely normal (albeit very naive) young men want to join the army so they can play with real guns. I suspect terrorists aren't that different, they just get to do it for real. There is a thrill to it that you'll never get from video games.
(edited 8 years ago)
BBC reporting that Bataclan has been stormed, and border restrictions are only focusing on outgoing individuals at present, so yeah seems to be aimed at containing the perpetrators
Original post by trustmeimlying1
why social tensions? crime?

why do you think thats the case?

A lack of direction, identity, cohesion, activity.
Rife and stinky islamophobia and xenophobia.
This is awful news and my thoughts are with all those affected right now.
Original post by Modesty
There's plenty , search em up.
Elite wealthy people.

So secret you can read all about them

What are you reading at university The collective works of noddy and big ears.

People are currently being killed.
Original post by iamthetruth
I am not in France

Not much difference between France and UK. It would be very very naive to think MI5 will foil every terrorist plot
Original post by Simes
OMG! Hitler murdered the Nazis too? Will the revelations about that man never end?
ever heard of the night of the long knives ?
Original post by mariachi
ever heard of the night of the long knives ?

That wasn't really with the aim of wiping out a certain race?
How many more innocent people must die:sad:
Original post by billydisco
Care to tell me what the other 98% of terrorist attacks are?

A mixture of different groups, nationalists more than any other
Original post by llys
No. Really don't think so. Plenty of absolutely normal (albeit very naive) young men want to join the army so they can play with real guns. I suspect terrorists aren't that different, they just get to do it for real. There is a thrill to it that you'll never get from video games.
unfortunately, you're right

so, as far as we can tell, attacks by ISIS in Beirut and Paris.

Russians should now take particular care.
I love how some people here are saying all Muslims are terrorists, shame on you.
Bbc news reporting 2 suicide bombings
Original post by Craig1998
They identify with Islam but they aren't muslim. They are just trying to blame their actions on something else.

I'm no longer arguing on this topic. This is a student forum and there are much younger teenagers/children on here who could be starting to hate Islam because of what people are saying. People trying to promote the 'Islam is bad, kill all muslims' movement are just as bad as those trying to promote the 'Join ISIS' movement.

completely agree

this is my whole point. There is clearly something wrong with the connection with islam etc....but people need to stop putting people in the same bubble

my law teacher was muslim and wore a hijab at the sixth form i went to and she was the most amazing kind hearted teacher you could ever find. She bent over backwards for us to get top grades to get into uni (she still email's me to see how i'm getting on)... and nearly all of us got A's in law.

My point is insulting her because she follows islam is unfair when she clearly isn't in the same ball park as those terrorist killers.
(edited 8 years ago)
RIP the victims, politicians should do more :frown:

Me and my friends wanted to go to Paris next spring. Another friend is doing a semester abroad all spring

Its obviously not safe :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending