The Student Room Group

what's the best way to spend last 24-48hrs before GCSE english literature exam?

english literature exam is on wednesday (may 17th). it's a subject that has caused me a lot of stress as it's not my strongest subject and i've had a lot to do for it, and i still feel i have a lot left to do now even now only a few days before the exam. i know the texts really well it's more the writing that's my issue. just wondering if anyone had any tips on what you should spend your time doing just before the exam? i was thinking maybe go through as many past questions as possible and make lots of essay plans, as well as looking at quotes etc? thank you
Reply 1
If you have any past paper exemplars, I think it would be a good idea to read them and see how they compare to your writing. You can also use their structure and any analysis they've used that you like. If not, definitely make sure you know your quotes and maybe memorise analysis for the quotes that are most versatile
Reply 2
Examiners reports!!! It’s an easy thing to do at break, on the bus etc as you don’t need to do any active stuff but reading over where past students have succeeded / missed out can help you understand what the questions are looking for.
I’d also say try active recall for your quotes and themes, so get some paper and write out as many you can remember in a set time (for example, 5 mins to write all of the quotes which describe Scrooge in Stave 1) then check against your notes for any big ones you missed, or any inaccuracies.
Also try to link quotes to specific themes or characters, aim for at least 5 quotes for each theme so if you have a theme question you’re confident in which moments show it.
Hope this helps, let me know if you’ve got any questions about this <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending