The Student Room Group

WKH 15 Laptop

Hello there

Recently had my needs assessment report come through to me, 2 out of 3 of the supplier quotes are offering me a WKH laptop, which I can't seem to find much information about other than the specs mentioned in the report. Am I correct in assuming that WKH is not referring to a brand but a choice of laptop by the supplier suitable for my work load (of HP, Lenovo etc)? I just wasn't entirely certain of what workhorse laptop was referring to. Does anyone here know much about this? What were you provided?
Original post by AlisterBrown288
Hello there

Recently had my needs assessment report come through to me, 2 out of 3 of the supplier quotes are offering me a WKH laptop, which I can't seem to find much information about other than the specs mentioned in the report. Am I correct in assuming that WKH is not referring to a brand but a choice of laptop by the supplier suitable for my work load (of HP, Lenovo etc)? I just wasn't entirely certain of what workhorse laptop was referring to. Does anyone here know much about this? What were you provided?

call the suppliers and ask exactly which brand it would be, it ll be just over what you need to run your assistive tech generally.
Reply 2
where on the assessment form are the laptop suppliers written because i have the software suppliers names but no hardware suppliers so i am not sure who i am supposed to talk to its been almost a year and a half and i m still struggling to get my equitpment sorted i am sevrely special needs which doesnt help getting things sorted
Because is all about money laundering not helping the disabled students, they give you minimum configuration at triple price, overpriced licenses of software, consultants that you already have in Uni for free, this is all about taking advantage on disabled students and their vulnerability. A pc quoted at 3-400 by them wich you need to put 200£ is a rubbish that you can use it to watch movies on YouTube but nothing productive if you add specific software for example if you follow a design or computing degree, you find on eBay or backmarket refurbished at less than 200£, why making the claim just to top up their pockets? You should all fill a complaint with SFE DSA, is not fair play, they suggest you what you need instead of hearing what are your true needs, trying to sell you Windows products only which lately just looked at the news are hacked all the time, they're all about accessing your funds and the the real beneficiar are third party corporations. SFE really don't look on the forums that there is no happy student in here with the equipment given, 99% of you paying from pockets more than that product value if you would purchase on free market. Money laundering guys! I'm sick of this world full of greedy bas*ards! If you are awarded a grant should be your only to help you during your time in Uni!
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending