The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Is the priority of people hearing about such atrocities to assign blame instead of promoting support and contributing their wishes and prayers to the victimised?

I opened this thread expecting it to be filled with "My prayers are with the French.", "This is an atrocity to the human race.", "We should rally for aid to be given to the French" but instead it's filled with talks of Nazism and religion and petty blame.

Can we please put aside all of that and just be supportive for a few hours, please?
Friday 13th lives up to its reputation...
Sky News saying both the gun men killed.
what's the actual hell is wrong with our world?
I just want to sit and cry in a corner when I think of all the things going on in the world.....
:frown:

my heart is there for the victims in Paris:cry2:
Original post by Rock Fan
Excuse me earlier I replied my thoughts went out to the people killed only then I saw the comments later saying Muslims are evil etc been a 100 replies since then open your eyes.

Shown me 2 post that has stated all Muslims are terrorists

Look now is not the time you can make excuses and distract later but wait for it to end ffs.
Original post by 89cruefan
How many more sickening attacks like this need to happen before Eu leaders take their heads out of the sand and actually tackle the issue which is Isis?
Had this had been swiftly dealt with even back in spring 2014 many of these tragedies might have been avoided. Instead size, power and influence has been allowed to continue to grow in strength and numbers.

The problems is that western interventionism in the Gulf directly sowed the seeds for ISIS to appear.

How do you neutralise a guerilla terrorist force that blends into the general population? The only way is to completely shut the country down, and inevitably there are civilian deaths, invasive stop & search, and a loss of social cohesion

Say a teenager living in Afghanistan had a friend blown up mistakenly by a drone strike, suddenly you've created a new person hell-bent on bringing righteous vengeance on western heathens.

So we can't just walk in and obliterate ISIS, because direct military action just pisses off more of them and creates more terrorists
Original post by Zacken
Is the priority of people hearing about such atrocities to assign blame instead of promoting support and contributing their wishes and prayers to the victimised?

I opened this thread expecting it to be filled with "My prayers are with the French.", "This is an atrocity to the human race.", "We should rally for aid to be given to the French" but instead it's filled with talks of Nazism and religion and petty blame.

Can we please put aside all of that and just be supportive for a few hours, please?

My prayers are with the French.

However if we dont look at the cause there WILL be repeat attacks. Possibly in London possibly in Paris again
Reply 387
Not what I want to hear when I am going to Paris next week

Stay safe Rock Fan.
France has the largest Muslim population in Europe and is the country that most often suffers Islamic terrorist attacks.

SHOCKING! :zomg:
Sky News saying both the gun men killed.

To be expected as you don't get your reward if you don't get killed.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Shown me 2 post that has stated all Muslims are terrorists

Look now is not the time you can make excuses and distract later but wait for it to end ffs.

Look we don't know who is behind it until there is official confirmation.
Reply 391
Original post by Ciel.
I hate them all, I wish they'd just die

The French? The Muslims? Anyone in particular?

Is it a genocide you want, or a religiocide? Would you be willing to take up arms to carry out that killing?

How does your wishing death on people really differ from those who support the people doing the killing in France?
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
My prayers are with the French.

However if we dont look at the cause there WILL be repeat attacks. Possibly in London possibly in Paris again

I agree - but that comes after. When things have settled down for a bit and it's been a few hours, people have been confirmed as being safe, etc... then we can start thinking about all of this.

Quite a few people have been coming on here and done nothing but spread hate. It really does show what the human race has become. :s-smilie:
Original post by Zacken

Because the best compassion will be to prevent any further events of this kind and to do that one needs to understand the causes of current ones..
Original post by Architecture-er
The problems is that western interventionism in the Gulf directly sowed the seeds for ISIS to appear.

How do you neutralise a guerilla terrorist force that blends into the general population? The only way is to completely shut the country down, and inevitably there are civilian deaths, invasive stop & search, and a loss of social cohesion

Say a teenager living in Afghanistan had a friend blown up mistakenly by a drone strike, suddenly you've created a new person hell-bent on bringing righteous vengeance on western heathens.

So we can't just walk in and obliterate ISIS, because direct military action just pisses off more of them and creates more terrorists

IMO we should not let any more refugees in (possible ISIS terrorists) and also investigate faith schools etc. that could be extreme. Jihadi John was brought up here and even in Birmingham there are reports of extremist teachers
Original post by Zacken

I'm pretty sure Parisians won't be reading this thread, so what's the point in sending out pointless prayer messages, really?

It's far more proper to have an intellectual discussion about the causes of this issue, and wonder where things will go from here

I agree the Nazi thing is retarded though
Reply 396
The left will quickly become a joke and irrelevance in this country, if events like these keep happening.

I hope the Leftist Party gets less than 50 seats.

The real issue then is whether the Slightly Less Leftist Party will be sensible enough to pursue a different approach.
France Info confirm: Raid over, two terrorist killed.
Original post by hassassin04
Because the best compassion will be to prevent any further events of this kind and to do that one needs to understand the causes of current ones..

People aren't going to prevent further events of this kind by commenting on a student forum board about how Muslims are animals and they shouldn't be forced to tolerate them.
Original post by Zacken
I agree - but that comes after. When things have settled down for a bit and it's been a few hours, people have been confirmed as being safe, etc... then we can start thinking about all of this.

Quite a few people have been coming on here and done nothing but spread hate. It really does show what the human race has become. :s-smilie:

Ofc we all want them to be safe but we're not the ones saving them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending