The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gerald1990
After finally sending off my application on Monday i have heard back from and recieved interviews for all three of my choices, but two of them clash :-/ Due to my third choice sending my an invitation first i accepted it, but today i recieved the invitation from what i think is my first choice, who in their email say it is highly unlikely that interviews can be rescheduled, it is these two that clash on the same day. Of course i would prefer to attend all three, raising my chances of securing a place, i dont know what to do!

I had to re-arrange one of mine and they were fine with it.. Don't worry
Original post by Aemiliana
Congrats! Best of luck for them both!

Thank you! Good luck to you too 😀
Original post by Lambert87
2nd interview went well today..

Got offered another place!!! 2 out 2 yey!! :-)

That's really great!
How was the interview today? Another maths test for a chemistry applicant? :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by *tango*
That's really great!
How was the interview today? Another maths test for a chemistry applicant? :wink:

Nope just a literacy test today
2nd interview went well today..

Got offered another place!!! 2 out 2 yey!! :-)

Congrats again, you must be the most jammiest bugger :smile:

So one more left, did you get the one you wanted?
I've paid for and sent my application and got an email from UCAS saying that it's sent and that I can now use Track but I don't think this is the Welcome email? It doesn't contain my username and the one for Apply doesn't work.
Your login info is the personal id number in the mail and also your normal ucas username and password.

Make sure to copy all of the personal id, I made a muck up thinking I had something wrong. Turned out I missed the 0 at the end of the string of numbers.

Hopefully I will hear something back next week, I wish I could chase them down like I did with my references but that will seem a little pushy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gentlegiant
Your login info is the personal id number in the mail and also your normal ucas username and password.

Make sure to copy all of the personal id, I made a muck up thinking I had something wrong. Turned out I missed the 0 at the end of the string of numbers.

Hopefully I will hear something back next week, I wish I could chase them down like I did with my references but that will seem a little pushy.

Yeah it's just not working. And when I tried to do the forgotten password bit instead, it didn't recognise my email. Maybe I need to leave it for a while.

Ah poop, I think it's because I used this email for UCAS way back when so it won't reset it for me. Looks like I'll be calling UCAS on Monday!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aemiliana
I'm actually amazed that there are two of us here - I thought we were a rare breed!

I'm applying for KCL and Sussex too, but I chose Cambridge as well instead of a school direct scheme, I just think the uni-based one would suit me better.

In the past they've been AS level passages so who knows! I only started Latin at uni so despite having done it for 3 years I'm pretty nervous about that side of it.

I've already been drilling the OCR AS vocab list everyday for a while now and I'm working on going through the specification to double check all the grammar (some of it is called by a different name etc so at first I was pretty worried that I didn't know anything). It's the vocab I think I'll have the biggest issue with but last year KCL let people use dictionaries.

I guess at the end of the day we have both studied Latin at a higher level than A level so a bit of revision is hopefully all it needs (here's hoping that neither of us get a horrid passage on the day!)

The skills tests are worrying me too, mainly just because they're in under a week for me now! Have you done any of the practice papers to get an idea as to where you are at the moment?

Sorry for the late reply, had an interview today (at Sussex. I think it went well?)

I've done one practice numeracy and got 60%, just under a pass. :frown:
It's the timed questions that get me, once I work it out I don't have time to put in the answer!
Original post by goldfishgirl
Sorry for the late reply, had an interview today (at Sussex. I think it went well?)

I've done one practice numeracy and got 60%, just under a pass. :frown:
It's the timed questions that get me, once I work it out I don't have time to put in the answer!

Hope you hear good things from it! What did the interview consist of?

Yeah the timed questions are what let me down too. I'm trying to work on it but it feels like it's something that's not going to improve much (for me anyway). It's not as though we're going to have to work out the cost of imported textbooks or how long a journey will take without a calculator (or Google maps!) when we're actually teaching either.

And that's only 1 mark off a pass so you're close!
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=Aemiliana;60602329]Yeah it's just not working. And when I tried to do the forgotten password bit instead, it didn't recognise my email. Maybe I need to leave it for a while.

Ah poop, I think it's because I used this email for UCAS way back when so it won't reset it for me. Looks like I'll be calling UCAS on Monday!

Same thing happened to me. Phone them and they'll sort out for you real quick.
Original post by daisyhuang1230
Same thing happened to me. Phone them and they'll sort out for you real quick.

I got the welcome email and my ID has completely changed so it's all working now!

Why would they tell me I could log in before though? Sometimes I wonder if UCAS like how much stress they cause us!
[QUOTE=Aemiliana;60604311]I got the welcome email and my ID has completely changed so it's all working now!

Why would they tell me I could log in before though? Sometimes I wonder if UCAS like how much stress they cause us!

According to them, that if you've used UCAS before to apply for a teacher training course, the system remembers your email and will automatically switch your ID to the old one.
Original post by daisyhuang1230
According to them, that if you've used UCAS before to apply for a teacher training course, the system remembers your email and will automatically switch your ID to the old one.

That seems a bit silly! But then you can't use special characters in your password so I guess the whole system is a bit silly.

I haven't applied for teacher training before though so maybe it's from undergrad applications?

Oh well, at least I can continue constantly refreshing my email.
Original post by gentlegiant
Congrats again, you must be the most jammiest bugger :smile:

So one more left, did you get the one you wanted?

Haha thanks mate... Just been doing a lot of prep for them..

Yeah got the one I wanted.. How's yours coming along?
Haha thanks mate... Just been doing a lot of prep for them..

Yeah got the one I wanted.. How's yours coming along?

What sort of prep did you do?
Original post by TunaTunnel
What sort of prep did you do?

I read the TES magazines (have you done that?)

I went through the A-Level Curriculum and familiarised myself with what I was weak on

I went through interview questions and practiced answering them

I look through the websites and found detailed stats on their performance and success rates (which they favoured)
I read the TES magazines (have you done that?)

I went through the A-Level Curriculum and familiarised myself with what I was weak on

I went through interview questions and practiced answering them

I look through the websites and found detailed stats on their performance and success rates (which they favoured)

Well done!!!

Is that the success rates of the PGCE courses?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Original post by GreenMeerkat
Well done!!!

Is that the success rates of the PGCE courses?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yep, they publish them... have a look :smile:
Hey all,

I have bought a yearly subscription to the TES magazine... I appreciate not everyone can afford this, so I am more than willing to download them and share?

Let me know if you want it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending