The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
Yeah Afghanistan was much better before 2001. They could stone women in peace. Now that we have left, they can do it again.

'They'? The only people stoning women were the taliban. none of the 7 mujahideen organisations were stoning, or encouraging the stoning of women.
Reply 861
Original post by xxvine
Isis are clearly not doing it in the name of their 'religion' though. The are killing their own fellow muslims. Wasn't the police officer killed in the Charlie Hebdo attacks a muslim? Wasn't the shop worker who hid customers a muslim? My point is these people are clearly insane or doing it for their own evil beliefs. I just don't get them. They kill women wearing hijab's yet they are doing this for islam? WTF

Christians killed each other in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Era, they were all convinced to be Christian and accused each other of not being 'true' Christians.
Current terrorists and liberal Muslims also accuse each other of not being true Muslims...

These terrorists are Muslim, in its purest 7th century form, with 21st century weapons.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Except a bomb from Iraq would be officially authorised by them, as a sovereign country :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Iraqi government is so corrupt and dysfunctional that it wouldn't really be classified as "authorised"
Reply 863
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
I think they attacked France because the issues surrounding the bombing in Syria and french involvement with the aid of kurds and yezidis is in direct relation to them, as opposed to the whole issues with israel and etc. I think ISIS is terrified of attacking israel or getting involved in that conflict, at this point.

No, I think they attacked France because it's the easiest target.

To organise an undercover terrorist attack, you need natives from the target country so they can remain hidden for a long period. France is the most represented European nationality among ISIS, they thus have more potential for large scale terrorist attacks. Be sure that if there were 5,000 Portuguese in Syria you would see terrorist attacks in Lisbon.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Yeah Afghanistan was much better before 2001. They could stone women in peace. Now that we have left, they can do it again.
you mean like what saudia arabia is doing now? cool, let's go blow up saudia arabia into dust too because we disagree with their laws, then when they retaliate we'll pin the blame on muslims again. you're a moron if you think we were in afghanistan purely for the sake of being good samaritans, lol.

afghanistan is a complete war zone at the moment (100x worse than when we first went in). the taliban are bigger than ever, you have ISIS in the frame now as a result of us de-stabalising the middle east and the police torture anyone who is suspected to be from one of these groups. educate yourself:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Rad Prince
I've noticed that many of the violent attacks seem motivated by certain Hadiths rather than the Qur'an itself. The Qur'an seems like more of a spiritual book.

I disagree on the first sentence, agree on the second. The quran's verses have been subverted in order to back up the concepts asserted in fabricated hadiths.
For instance, the quran says, '(..) for 'fitnah' is worse than killing(...).'
Ibn Kathir, thanks to the fake narrations among the hadiths, has translated 'fitnah' as 'disobedience, corruption, including disbelief and violation of the sharia'. This doesn't make sense - so anyone who breaks the law should die? All non muslims should die? So why are there laws about the status of non muslim the sharia that gives them a privileged status where they aren't subject to military conscription and have reduced taxes?

All scholars before ibn kathir translate fitnah as 'social unrest, division, and chaos.'
****ing isis
Original post by yulebook
I just woke up to this after a late night last night... omg seriously scary. Something like this could happen in London with Pakis too...

Don't be racist. The fact you said the P word too makes you too stupid to even debate with.
France's Muslims mainly come from Africa and they are to them what Pakistanis are in the UK. They are stereotyped as lower class and most Parisians look down on them.

Pipe down, you racist idiot.
Original post by Josb
Christians killed each other in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Era, they were all convinced to be Christian and accused each other of not being 'true' Christians.
Current terrorists and liberal Muslims also accuse each other of not being true Muslims...

These terrorists are Muslim, in its purest 7th century form, with 21st century weapons.

There is more than one historical narrative on the 7th century practice of Islam as a political ideology under Muhammad. It is unfair to completely base your historical opinions on those of one school of historical opinion, when the others are just as old and just as valid, if not more - since this one is backed up by certain historians whose approval of the reliability of some sources was as blatantly biased as 'found it pleasing'.
Original post by moggis
My understanding is that it's because they are worried that they will give in to homosexual urges in prison which would condemn them to hell.

Original post by moggis
Or rather thats what they want people to think.

You never know...

Original post by CheetahCurtis
They believe they are killing in the name of God, so if they kill themselves afterwards they will become a martyr.

Disgusting.
Original post by Josb
No, I think they attacked France because it's the easiest target.

To organise an undercover terrorist attack, you need natives from the target country so they can remain hidden for a long period. France is the most represented European nationality among ISIS, they thus have more potential for large scale terrorist attacks. Be sure that if there were 5,000 Portuguese in Syria you would see terrorist attacks in Lisbon.

This is true, and I'd actually rank this as the highest factor too. I maintain what I said, but as a secondary reason at most.
Original post by Longshot700
Don't be racist. The fact you said the P word too makes you too stupid to even debate with.

Because racism doesn't exist at universities and independent schools... :rolleyes:
I am ashamed to admit that I am jealous.

Jealous of the 13 year old Parisian boy getting so much love from the world.

Jealous that the people of Paris are receiving so much compassion.

Yet, when I was in Karachi, and when I was 13; when my friends were blown into tiny little pieces by terrorists...when my family members were gunned down by extremists. Or when 5 year old girls were ripped apart by shrapnel while their mothers watched...

I didn't see all the artists I follow send their prayers & thoughts.

I didn't see the Video game fan pages say that the gaming community was behind me, like they did for Paris.

Even some news channels didn't cover my tragedies.

I had not one of my international friends message me asking me whether I was OK.

I was ****ing 13.

And no one asked me if I was OK. No one prayed for the dead in Karachi. And no one changed their profile pictures for me, for my dead family and for my dead friends.

So why the **** should I for Paris?

Why the **** should I give compassion where I never received it? Where I was left alone to rot? Where the same DAY that a bomb would blow up, people would blame the victims themselves?

I guess it's because I am not full of hypocrisy like you. Because I know what it's like. Because your pain is shared. Because you select who is important based on their race & background. You are desensitised to the plight of people that are poor.

So I will still care. I will send my love. I will say that I am Paris & I will change my profile picture. And I will send my endless love & compassion.

But remember.

That when the eardrums of my six year old cousin were ripped to shreds by the same evil people that attacked Paris, you showed her no compassion.

That when I spent four hours looking for the severed fingers of a 5 year old boy because he begged me to find them...

You were silent.

You never said that you were her or him. You never shared a status, or asked how you could help. You left the 13 year old boy alone.

Hence, I am jealous, and I am sorry that I am. I am so, so, utterly jealous.

Stay strong, Paris.
Because racism doesn't exist at universities and independent schools... :rolleyes:

What the f... I never said that. I'm saying your being a horrible racist.

Wasting your breath arguing with someone who uses the term "Pakis." Just report and move on

But you're not adding anything to to the topic of conversation. I'm just stating some facts of France's Muslims.
Original post by Fat Rudeboi
Wasting your breath arguing with someone who uses the term "Pakis." Just report and move on

Ok.
But you're not adding anything to to the topic of conversation. I'm just stating some facts of France's Muslims.

You just said a racist derogatory name, I don't care about adding anything to the conversation. Already stated something that's got 7 reps.
Original post by Inzamam99

Why the **** should I give compassion where I never received it? Where I was left alone to rot?

Maybe you shouldn't. The West is in mourning because the West was attacked.

Do you call others hypocrites when they mourn their friends deaths more than a strangers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending