The Student Room Group

"Shootings" reported in central Paris.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inzamam99
I am ashamed to admit that I am jealous.

Jealous of the 13 year old Parisian boy getting so much love from the world.

Jealous that the people of Paris are receiving so much compassion.

Yet, when I was in Karachi, and when I was 13; when my friends were blown into tiny little pieces by terrorists...when my family members were gunned down by extremists. Or when 5 year old girls were ripped apart by shrapnel while their mothers watched...

I didn't see all the artists I follow send their prayers & thoughts.

I didn't see the Video game fan pages say that the gaming community was behind me, like they did for Paris.

Even some news channels didn't cover my tragedies.

I had not one of my international friends message me asking me whether I was OK.

I was ****ing 13.

And no one asked me if I was OK. No one prayed for the dead in Karachi. And no one changed their profile pictures for me, for my dead family and for my dead friends.

So why the **** should I for Paris?

Why the **** should I give compassion where I never received it? Where I was left alone to rot? Where the same DAY that a bomb would blow up, people would blame the victims themselves?

I guess it's because I am not full of hypocrisy like you. Because I know what it's like. Because your pain is shared. Because you select who is important based on their race & background. You are desensitised to the plight of people that are poor.

So I will still care. I will send my love. I will say that I am Paris & I will change my profile picture. And I will send my endless love & compassion.

But remember.

That when the eardrums of my six year old cousin were ripped to shreds by the same evil people that attacked Paris, you showed her no compassion.

That when I spent four hours looking for the severed fingers of a 5 year old boy because he begged me to find them...

You were silent.

You never said that you were her or him. You never shared a status, or asked how you could help. You left the 13 year old boy alone.

Hence, I am jealous, and I am sorry that I am. I am so, so, utterly jealous.

Stay strong, Paris.

You're ignoring that most people didn't have coverage of this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watching the news makes me cold.
How could another person intentionally hurt or kill another?
It's a cruel, inhumane, disgusting world we live in. :cry2:

Yet, when I was in Karachi, and when I was 13; when my friends were blown into tiny little pieces by terrorists...when my family members were gunned down by extremists. Or when 5 year old girls were ripped apart by shrapnel while their mothers watched...

I didn't see the Video game fan pages say that the gaming community was behind me, like they did for Paris.

I had not one of my international friends message me asking me whether I was OK.

I was ****ing 13.

And no one asked me if I was OK. No one prayed for the dead in Karachi. And no one changed their profile pictures for me, for my dead family and for my dead friends.

Why the **** should I give compassion where I never received it? Where I was left alone to rot? Where the same DAY that a bomb would blow up, people would blame the victims themselves?

I guess it's because I am not full of hypocrisy like you. Because I know what it's like. Because your pain is shared. Because you select who is important based on their race & background. You are desensitised to the plight of people that are poor.

So I will still care. I will send my love. I will say that I am Paris & I will change my profile picture. And I will send my endless love & compassion.

But remember.

That when the eardrums of my six year old cousin were ripped to shreds by the same evil people that attacked Paris, you showed her no compassion.

That when I spent four hours looking for the severed fingers of a 5 year old boy because he begged me to find them...

You were silent.

You never said that you were her or him. You never shared a status, or asked how you could help. You left the 13 year old boy alone.

Stay strong, Paris.

Don't you ****ing dare say "Why the **** should I (pray) for Paris" and "Stay strong, Paris".

We don't need your kind.
Original post by Longshot700
You just said a racist derogatory name, I don't care about adding anything to the conversation. Already stated something that's got 7 reps.

Notice how no-one's still given you any reps...

I don't want to derail this thread about whether Pakistanis might do something similar in the UK so I'll apologise and move on.

France has the largest Muslim population in Western Europe so it's expected that they share the biggest burden. Also:
Original post by yulebook
France's Muslims mainly come from Africa and they are to them what Pakistanis are in the UK. They are stereotyped as lower class and most Parisians look down on them.
Which makes it more likely that Paris will face something like this more often.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Maybe you shouldn't. The West is in mourning because the West was attacked.

Do you call others hypocrites when they mourn their friends deaths more than a strangers?

I'm not denying the sheer tragedy of the events which took place in Paris.

But the West and Westerners have a tendency to keep falling into the same trap of having a brutal, inhumane foreign policy which makes these attacks more likely
Original post by yulebook
Notice how no-one's still given you any reps...

I don't want to derail this thread about whether Pakistanis might do something similar in the UK so I'll apologise and move on.

Good, don't use disgusting derogatory names. As for the reps i don't care to be honest.

I was ****ing 13.

But remember.

You were silent.

Stay strong, Paris.

No one is asking anything from you. You may or may not feel sorry for them.
It is very normal that people react differently to events that happen close to them and to people they know or with who they share many things in common.

Why are you angry? Because you did not get similar compassion from people in Pakistan - the place where it should have come from in the first place?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Bear in mind 9/11, 7/7 and ISIS was caused by a small proportion of Muslims. There's billions of Muslims out there and ISIS barely covers 5% of them.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/top-islamic-university-muslim-leaders-condemn-isis-slaughter-of-ethiopian-christians-say-it-goes-against-any-religion-137976/ - Islamic university condemns ISIS

https://www.rt.com/news/229383-kasasbeh-reaction-isis-crucify/ - Jordanians condemn ISIS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/isis-concern-british-muslim-leaders-condemn-extremist-group-9599273.html - British Muslim leaders condemn ISIS

Its worth pointing out not all mosquitos carry malaria (Actually 1 in 30)...
Original post by Jonny360
It couldn't possibly be a Muslim because Islam is the religion of peace.

Of course you know people like to hold labels against themselves because of the massive cowards they are to just admit religion isn't teaching them to be terrorists and kill people
Original post by The Blue Axolotl
I bet you're living a priviledged life in the West. The irony.
the irony is that we're cool with our government annihilating other countries / regions for our benefit but when the victims of these actions want to escape their war-torn homes in order to live a better life here we want none of it.

the longer we continue to blame muslims instead of being outraged at our foreign policy's the more these kind of attacks will happen and more immigrants will want to flood our country. we all saw something like this coming
(edited 8 years ago)
It really isn't the last of these attacks.
It would be naive to think otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by the bear
just a little translation to get the flavour of this rubbish:

"the bataclan ( venue ) where hundreds of idolaters were gathered in a feast of perversity..."

otherwise known as a pop concert.

Clearly what we need to do is to stop antagonising them by having pop concerts.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It;s a link to a kind of Christianity many westerners in Europe adopt. We don't go on witch hunts for Cultural Christians when a terrorist who subscribes great importance to culture Christianity goes on a killing spree. Beverik was essentially moderate in his Christianity then? Christians can't even use the 'he was an extremist outlier' line in that case.

I'm not trying to hide the fact Beverik was not an extreme dogmatic religious person like an ISIS terrorist will be. If I was I would have not included that part when I quoted him.

Beveriks interest in Christianity is the same as a lot of Europeans, yet we do not and should not hold them all responsible or complicit when he killed 77 people. But a lot of us do just that when it is a Muslim Terrorist. That is what I am saying.

You are equating one isolated loon who represents nobody but himself with a whole Caliphate that is allied to sister organisations everywhere from Indonesia to Nigeria, and which your fellow British citizens are leaving this country to join, if they aren't plotting to machine gun you on the streets of your home town.

One is motivated by a religious ideology, the other is purely reactive. If it wasn't for Muslmin terrorism insane misfits like Breivik would be playing computer games and howling at the moon...
Praying for paris will not sort this out. The truth is religion and prayer have
been causing these problems for centuries.
Pray for Paris. Pray for Beirut. Pray for Baghdad. Pray for this sick ****ing world
Original post by missfats
Exactly.

My country is ducked up by imperialism and is properly the largest hotspot for terrorism yet nobody could give a **** all about these circumstances .

And I'm not crying about it.

What happened in France is horrifying in a moral aspect but in reality, it is the future of the world and not just Europe.
This idea that the west will continue in prosperity is idealistic as there are growing tensions between extremist groups in France running for election and even Isis. Extremism is growing in our parliament not just religiously.

To sum up, there really isn't no going back. Everyone has called their shots.
World war 3 will commence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It probably will become really common in Europe, sort of like how Lebanon changed. **** happens and you keep moving.
Reply 896
Original post by Longshot700
I've lost all my respect for you, and I had quite alot.

Head. In. Sand.
Original post by GodAtum
If this happened in America, at least people would be able to defend themselves.

Yeah because every American brings their gun to the Justin Bieber gig or McDonalds dinner down the road.
Original post by GodAtum
If this happened in America, at least people would be able to defend themselves.

Yeah, like the people in the cinema in Aurora 2012. Or like the people at the Boston Marathon. Or those at the Charleston church. That worked really well, didn't it? :rolleyes:
Original post by The Rad Prince
It probably will become really common in Europe, sort of like how Lebanon changed. **** happens and you keep moving.

Yes.

People just need to accept it.
I will be the first one laughing when they go to war, do thy really think bombing Isis is going to some magically eradicate extremism. Another group will take their place and the cycle will begin again but NOW we will have even more hostility from Muslims for rebombing their lands which will cause more extremism within Europe.

You need to tackle the roots of extremism.
We need to stop young people joining fascist groups in our political sphere by offering them an alternative viewpoint which is to fight radicalism with peace. Then we need to establish the reasons why so many young British vulnerable people are being swayed into a life of radicalism and actually tackle those reasons so we don't see influxes of future generation British born Muslims joining Isis or other radical groups.

It is called tackling radicalism through secular and religious education. Tackling radicalism through war will just accentuate our problems. It's a reality.

But if not and the likes of hollande still want to go to war and become more racist as a nation, then good luck with that but don't blame Islam for the stupid solutions taken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending