The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

The reason I said it's a chance is because I was told by the helpline they mention in the booking confirmation email that I couldn't sit it until my references were in and it was sent.

However I've not heard of people being turned away.
I can't believe I have just finished my application form! Now to send it off an hopefully my references would be done in a week or two! Generally getting excited/ nervous now :smile: Just need to call UCAS tomorrow to enquire about the work experience section and then Im sending it off!
I am so NOT prepared for today's interview :bawling:
Original post by *tango*

Good luck!!! Hope it all goes well for you!
Original post by kizzz!
Good luck!!! Hope it all goes well for you!

Thank you!
I should have postponed the interview when I had a chance but at least it will be over soon.
Original post by *tango*

You can do it!!! UEL right? Mine was primary so might be a little different - but it was really relaxed and nothing to worry about :smile:
Original post by ChancedTravels
You can do it!!! UEL right? Mine was primary so might be a little different - but it was really relaxed and nothing to worry about :smile:

Thank you.
I had to reschedule UEL; I have one of my SCITT interviews today. At least I'm the only candidate for today so I won't be comparing myself with somebody much better, haha.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by *tango*
I had to reschedule UEL; I have one of my SCITT interviews today. At least I'm the only candidate for today so I won't be comparing myself with somebody much better, haha.

Good luck! Hope it goes well :smile:
Original post by Aemiliana
Good luck! Hope it goes well :smile:

Thank you.

I'm going to get ready - I had a haircut last Saturday and my hair is a bit too short now so not sure what I'm going to do with it, ha. (I should be more worried about my presentation than my hair, though.)

I'll be back in the evening, hopefully with some news (either way is fine as this is only my first interview and not for my first choice anyway).
Original post by goldfishgirl
Okay I've just re-read the letter, it says I have to reply to UCAS themselves, not Sussex, within ten working days, which obviously I can't do yet as I've only had one response! I'm taking this as benefit of the doubt and assuming they don't mean ten days straight after you get the offer.

I'll still ring UCAS and Sussex up to check on Monday though, but now I'm kinda worried!

Rang them up, they said it was a mistake on the form and I still have to wait until all my offers have come in. Phew!

Now to start worrying about my KCL interview tomorrow... :s-smilie:
Original post by goldfishgirl
Rang them up, they said it was a mistake on the form and I still have to wait until all my offers have come in. Phew!

Now to start worrying about my KCL interview tomorrow... :s-smilie:

That's good!

Best of luck tomorrow, hope it goes well!

How long did it take KCL to get back to you? I've not heard anything bar an email about their apply portal and I'm starting to worry!
Original post by Lucyrousselle
Hey everyone, i'm getting ready to apply for a PGCE on the 27th in Primary Education?
Is anyone else doing so?
So far i'm going to apply to Bath Spa, UWE and possibly Gloucestershire.

Any advice or tips?
I suck at maths (like really bad) so any information regarding what learning resources I could use to help revise would be much appreciated!! :smile:

I have 0 classroom experience (I'm in the middle of sending over letters out to schools to gain classroom experience) but over 5+ years of experience (and over 200 hours) with working with children/young adults (4-16) through coaching and teaching sport. I've done this through my BTEC college course, my degree, many opportunities and through organisations like Swansea City AFC and The Scarlets.
I went to an open day in Bath Spa and was told that all this experience counts towards the 2 weeks of experience needed however, I'm worried that because I have no classroom experience, it will hinder my chances of getting an offer?

I'm getting very stressed as I'm in my dissertation year, so keeping on top of all my course work and revision plus all things PGCE related is driving me kinda crazy.

Good luck to everyone! :smile:

Hello!!

I applied to all three of these unis!! Did you apply to all of these in the end and if so did you get interviews? :smile:
Original post by LaurenE21
Hey Claire it's Lauren :smile: I'm sure we met at UWE from what you've posted here :smile:! Good luck with your other interviews xxx

When did you have your uwe interview and have you heard back yet?
Original post by *tango*
Thank you.

I'm going to get ready - I had a haircut last Saturday and my hair is a bit too short now so not sure what I'm going to do with it, ha. (I should be more worried about my presentation than my hair, though.)

I'll be back in the evening, hopefully with some news (either way is fine as this is only my first interview and not for my first choice anyway).

Good luck!! My school direct interviews are Thursday and Friday and then next Friday! Ahhhh!!
My SCITT interview tomorrow has been postponed again, but they don't know until when. I know it won't clash with another of my interviews (as that one is Wednesday), but I'm now really worried it'll clash with my other interview (which I've already rescheduled once).

But on the plus side, I now no longer have an interview on my birthday, so silver linings and all that.
Original post by *tango*

Best of luck 🍀

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Original post by Aemiliana
That's good!

Best of luck tomorrow, hope it goes well!

How long did it take KCL to get back to you? I've not heard anything bar an email about their apply portal and I'm starting to worry!

It took about a week? Iirc I applied on the 29th Oct and got an invitation to interview on the 5th.
Original post by blueberry muffin
Thanks for this, really appreciate your reply :smile: I plan to stick with year 2/3 as they're my preference and the staff are much nicer lol. Hope you get a speedy response with your application. I just finished my personal statement today, booked my professional skills tests and will sort my references this week so hopefully I can be in your position this time next week!

Aww you're welcome! I'm terrified of the maths prof. skills test haha! Booked it but I think I'll have to rebook as I'm nowhere near ready yet haha. My Year 6 teacher asked me this morning if I fancy working with any other classes so I'm thinking Year 2 and 3 myself! Good luck with your application too, hopefully I will get some responses soon (sent it off Wednesday), just keeping an eye on my emails at the moment! Let me how you get on with yours :smile:
Hey guys, has anyone applied to mum for PGCE primary and got an offer after their interview?
I'm Waiting to hear, and I'm so blergh!
Hey, did you mean MMU? I got a text this morning saying I was successful but haven't had any updates from UCAS/ Track yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending