Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C0balt
Natural Sciences offer :smile:
Pretty surprised they got back to me in November. I heard they send offers in February usually for sciences!

Which college did you apply to? :biggrin: I didn't hear back until early January lool
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by simbasdragon
I've applied to st Mary's, but I'm now worried. I have recently become vegan, and I'm not sure if this college has kitchens which I could use, as I assume the catered meals aren't vegan.

If Mary's doesn't have kitchens, would I be allowed to use a friend's kitchen in a different college, providing they agreed?

Mary's is fully catered, but there are vegan options at meals if you request them. You would be able to use a friends kitchen, but it would be a bit strange...
When I started at Durham I went from being vegan to being a pescetarian so I would have more options for catered food :smile: .
Oh wow! How is chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
Which college did you apply to? :biggrin: I didn't hear back until early January lool

I applied to University because I didn't do research and just picked for lolz :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
I applied on October 6th and didn't hear back until the second week of the Christmas holidays.

Not surprised to see you on here :wink:

Original post by longsightdon
Oh wow! How is chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not bad if you're well prepared, it's quite further mathsy and physicsy and I did economics and English so it's fair to say I'm awfully ****e at everything. College and uni life is really good though.

Original post by C0balt
I applied to University because I didn't do research and just picked for lolz :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I hope you get reallocated to butler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann

Not bad if you're well prepared, it's quite further mathsy and physicsy and I did economics and English so it's fair to say I'm awfully ****e at everything. College and uni life is really good though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's with butler? Is it close to science or what

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 846
Original post by Calvados
i applied for Physics and Astronomy but haven't heard from Durham yet though I submitted application at Oct 15th.

Same here :smile: applied on the 30th of September and no word since I sent off my UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think I will struggle bc I don't have physics or FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Poppycharlotte
Does anyone know how long they take to respond to law applicants? :frown:

They got back to me last Friday x
Offer for chemistry!!!! A*AA wooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your AS/Predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Just got an offer for Law :-) A*AA
Original post by gabrielladelaney
Just got an offer for Law :-) A*AA

Congrats! When did you apply? :smile:
Congrats! When did you apply? :smile:

Thanks!! Around the 20th of October I think :-) you?
Original post by gabrielladelaney
Thanks!! Around the 20th of October I think :-) you?

I sent mine in on the 11th of October, so I should start being worried now as I probably messed up my lnat :afraid:
Original post by victoria98
What are your AS/Predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

AAAB bio Chem maths phy (as)
A*A*A* bio Chem maths

U?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for PPE! AAA :smile:
I sent mine in on the 11th of October, so I should start being worried now as I probably messed up my lnat :afraid:

I wouldn't worry yet, its still super early! have seen loads of people who haven't heard back yet :-) xx

Durham is notoriously slow for most courses- so don't worry about it!
AAAB bio Chem maths phy (as)
A*A*A* bio Chem maths

U?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice!
AAAA (Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics)
Predicted A*A*A*A (with the A in physics). I applied earlier than you did (Friday 9th October) I hope the lack of response doesn't mean a rejection... What kind of extra-curricular activates did you mention on your ps?
Offer for chemistry!!!! A*AA wooooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!!! Sent my app off on 15th of Oct, would be over the moon if I managed to get an offer with my horrific subject choice (maths/chem/geog/eng lit) and poor GCSEs! I thought Durham only gave them out in January..will have to start checking more regularly now :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest