The Student Room Group

Medicine Resit Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CaitlinR
Just found this thread
- I am part of the resit crew! Missed my offer by 1 mark in Chem

Got an interview at Plymouth- November 27th, wasn't expecting it at all!!

Welcome haha and congrats!
Just found this thread

Congratulations, I got mine too. I think Plymouth sent out a bunch of interviews today, maybe to all of the resit candidates?

PM me your number and I can add you to the Whatsapp group, which is (meant to be) there for us to provide useful information and motivation to each other.

Same goes for lightwoX, GameofStones and painandpride15.
(edited 8 years ago)
Just found this thread

Medical schools can be quite ruthless sometimes. :/ Did you get a priority remark?
Reply 423
Regarding the exams we are all retaking after year 13, does anyone here know whether it is the higher scoring module that counts towards our final grade, or the latest module?

(checking just in case :tongue:, dont want to get grades even lower than last year lol)
Original post by nkb01
Regarding the exams we are all retaking after year 13, does anyone here know whether it is the higher scoring module that counts towards our final grade, or the latest module?

(checking just in case :tongue:, dont want to get grades even lower than last year lol)

Highest scoring module, except if you're doing coursework I think. Coursework is the most recent one, no? How are applications going guys?
Reply 425
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Highest scoring module, except if you're doing coursework I think. Coursework is the most recent one, no? How are applications going guys?

Thank you! Na im just doing the exams

& I haven't heard anything yet. It's not the time frame for replies yet according to the unis I have applied to... except for exeter :s-smilie:

I hope I get an interview from them!

What about yourself, any replies at the moment?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nkb01
Thank you! Na im just doing the exams

& I haven't heard anything yet. It's not the time frame for replies yet according to the unis I have applied to... except for exeter :s-smilie:

I hope I get an interview from them!

What about yourself, any replies at the moment?

Nope, and loads of people in the group chat do -sheds a tear-

I'm being dramatic. Come December I should know if I have interviews for UEA and BSMS, then January for Liverpool. Idk about Exeter, they're taking their time with me hahaha
Nope, and loads of people in the group chat do -sheds a tear-

I'm being dramatic. Come December I should know if I have interviews for UEA and BSMS, then January for Liverpool. Idk about Exeter, they're taking their time with me hahaha

How did your BMAT go? :smile:
Original post by lightwoXd

Did you have your Plymouth interview then?

Or am I mixing you up with someone else?
Original post by dairychocolate
Did you have your Plymouth interview then?

Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Nah you got the right person, had it yesterday :smile:
Wasn't too bad, could've been better but it could've been a lot worse. How did you find it?
Nah you got the right person, had it yesterday :smile:
Wasn't too bad, could've been better but it could've been a lot worse. How did you find it?

Exactly the same as you, to be honest, haha.

Did you happen to hear them mention when they'd get back to us?

I've read varying information on it.
Exactly the same as you, to be honest, haha.

Did you happen to hear them mention when they'd get back to us?

I've read varying information on it.

Just second guessing everything I said now, to start with it was just my articulation I was worried about but looking back on it I did say a few things that were a bit cringey in hindsight >_< Hopefully we'll both get good news!

Looking through the booklet thing we got given on registration it says that we should hear by the end of January. I'm pretty sure the powerpoint in the waiting room said something different (think it was along the lines of 'most offers are given out in December but you should hear by March at the latest' or something), but it may have just been recycled from previous years. The booklet actually says on the front that it was 'published' this month so I'm going by that.
Just second guessing everything I said now, to start with it was just my articulation I was worried about but looking back on it I did say a few things that were a bit cringey in hindsight >_< Hopefully we'll both get good news!

I'm largely the same. I didn't really have problems with delivery or fluency but it always happens that you say something that sounds alright in the interview and then later dissect how stupid/weak it was and imagine the panellists laughing about it after the interview, haha.

Yeah, fingers crossed. I really liked the look of Plymouth.

Looking through the booklet thing we got given on registration it says that we should hear by the end of January. I'm pretty sure the powerpoint in the waiting room said something different (think it was along the lines of 'most offers are given out in December but you should hear by March at the latest' or something), but it may have just been recycled from previous years. The booklet actually says on the front that it was 'published' this month so I'm going by that.

Yeah, that's why I was asking. I know a bunch of people got offers last year in mid-December but I think they're interviewing more people this year so I'm not really sure what to expect.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm largely the same. I didn't really have problems with delivery or fluency but it always happens that you say something that sounds alright in the interview and then later dissect how stupid/weak it was and imagine the panellists laughing about it after the interview, haha.

Yeah, fingers crossed. I really liked the look of Plymouth.

Yeah, that's why I was asking. I know a bunch of people got offers last year in mid-December but I think they're interviewing more people this year so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Always the way haha. When I'm under pressure I'm a bit prone to waffling, didn't think I did too badly but then I went and ended an answer with '...but yeah'. Needless to say I kicked myself a fair bit the minute the words left my mouth, but hopefully they wouldn't reject based on that alone!

Bit odd that they gave us conflicting information, but then I suppose they've probably got more pressing issues to deal with than keeping their interview powerpoint up to date. In the end an offer's an offer, we'll just have to see when people start getting them. So far the whole process has seemed pretty slick though.

Not as high as hoped, but over the cut off for BSMS last year, so I'm keeping the faith
Not as high as hoped, but over the cut off for BSMS last year, so I'm keeping the faith

As long as it's above the cutoff that's the main thing :biggrin: Fingers crossed!
As long as it's above the cutoff that's the main thing :biggrin: Fingers crossed!

Thank you! Fingers crossed for you too :smile: where have you heard from?
Always the way haha. When I'm under pressure I'm a bit prone to waffling, didn't think I did too badly but then I went and ended an answer with '...but yeah'. Needless to say I kicked myself a fair bit the minute the words left my mouth, but hopefully they wouldn't reject based on that alone!

Bit odd that they gave us conflicting information, but then I suppose they've probably got more pressing issues to deal with than keeping their interview powerpoint up to date. In the end an offer's an offer, we'll just have to see when people start getting them. So far the whole process has seemed pretty slick though.

Yep, Plymouth have definitely been efficient. Fingers crossed for an offer; there's not much else we can do since it's out of our hands, now.
Thank you! Fingers crossed for you too :smile: where have you heard from?

Aww thank you, and just Plymouth so far :smile: How about you? (Though if I recall correctly I think we've applied to all the same unis bar one haha - I'm still waiting on Exeter, BSMS and Liverpool)
Aww thank you, and just Plymouth so far :smile: How about you? (Though if I recall correctly I think we've applied to all the same unis bar one haha - I'm still waiting on Exeter, BSMS and Liverpool)

Yep! I applied to UEA instead, who have just started sending their interviews out. Weird to think that we should find out in the next month... Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending