The Student Room Group

Matched Betting Legal for International Students?

Is doing matched-betting legal for international students? I'm from India and currently studying in University of Salford?
I don't believe there's any restrictions on gambling based on your immigration status :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Saoirse:3
I don't believe there's any restrictions on gambling based on your immigration status :smile:

Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, are there any official statements regarding this?
Original post by TaxiDriver
Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, are there any official statements regarding this?

There certainly wouldn't be specific to matched betting because it isn't dealt with seperately to wider gambling in the legal system. There's nothing about it on the outline of Tier 4 Student Visas here and I've found nothing to suggest gambling is illegal for them - normally official statements would only be made if something wasn't allowed. What I would say is that if you're not here yet you'll have to prove you can financially sustain yourself as part of the application process, and they're highly unlikely to accept matched betting as a means of doing that.
Reply 4
Original post by Saoirse:3
they're highly unlikely to accept matched betting as a means of doing that.

:biggrin: yeah I know that...thanks anyway for taking the time.
Reply 5
But are you even allowed to sign up for the brokers as an international student?

Quick Reply

Latest