The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shannonbeth
Awww well done! Is that your first choice? Ive heard nothing so far :frown:

No UCL is my preferred uni and I've just got an interview for that but not until 14th January ! Now don't know what to do ?! 😁

Don't worry there's still loads of time for you to hear
Original post by carolineherts
No UCL is my preferred uni and I've just got an interview for that but not until 14th January ! Now don't know what to do ?! 😁

Don't worry there's still loads of time for you to hear

Go to both interviews. Unless the first uni gets you to sign something, you have 10 days from when you've heard back from EVERYONE to decide where you want to go if you get multiple offers.
Hello everyone, I've applied for PGCE English at Leeds Trinity and University of Leeds. Has anyone received interview offers from either of these yet?
Help! I need to do a presentation tomorrow about a current educational issue? I was thinking about doing it on children's mental health or possibly do it on teacher shortages - what do you all think?
Original post by sjla94
Help! I need to do a presentation tomorrow about a current educational issue? I was thinking about doing it on children's mental health or possibly do it on teacher shortages - what do you all think?

I did children's mental health at an interview last week and they seemed to like it as I got an offer! I went down the route of giving my opinion that the proposal of teaching "happiness lessons" was patronising and I was told they liked that i'd been direct with my opinion.
Original post by Aemiliana
Go to both interviews. Unless the first uni gets you to sign something, you have 10 days from when you've heard back from EVERYONE to decide where you want to go if you get multiple offers.

Oh I didn't realise it was 10 days after hearing back from all of them- phew!
Thank you
I have gone from checking emails every half an hour to see if my reference was complete, to now checking every 15 minutes to see if I have heard off any uni's haha. How long roughly did it take for uni's to offer interviews/reject you, those who have interviews/offers? I know they have 40 days but I am hoping it won't take that long!

I sent my application on 18th November - one uni got back to me after 10 days, (which I had my interview for today!) and the other this morning (so almost 2 weeks - have an interview with them on Friday) - so it doesn't usually take them anything like as long as UCAS gives. Good luck!
Original post by beccatiffany(:
I sent my application on 18th November - one uni got back to me after 10 days, (which I had my interview for today!) and the other this morning (so almost 2 weeks - have an interview with them on Friday) - so it doesn't usually take them anything like as long as UCAS gives. Good luck!

Ah thank you, that gives me hope! Everyone seems to be getting them within hours, haha. Hope your interview went well :smile: where have you applied?
Original post by carolineherts
Now I've got an interview at UCL too! Over the moon but it's not until January and my goldsmiths interview is on Monday .. What on earth do I do as UCL is my preferred option?!

That's amazing well done :smile:
Both references are finally back!!!! Can't wait to get home from work now and actually send it off!
Original post by kizzz!
Both references are finally back!!!! Can't wait to get home from work now and actually send it off!

Yay! Hope you hear back soon!
Ah thank you, that gives me hope! Everyone seems to be getting them within hours, haha. Hope your interview went well :smile: where have you applied?

It did thanks - was really relaxed! It was for a place based at my local sixth form college, but Staffordshire Uni are the accrediting organisation. The other place I've applied is Uni of Manchester, which is where I got my degree.

My interview questions today were:
-why do you want to teach (obvs!),
-what are your strengths across the curriculum
-name something impressive you've seen during your time in school getting experience
-tell us about a significant moment in your life to date

hope that's helpful :smile:
I got a place!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimbles
I got a place!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratualtions!
Original post by jimbles
I got a place!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, congratulations! :smile:
Original post by jimbles
I got a place!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is your first choice, isn't it. Are you going to accept it straightaway?
(edited 8 years ago)
I got a place at Southampton :smile: I got told there and then. I very nearly cried... after all the rejection I'm finally able to complete my studies and do the job I love. Absolutely over the moon!!!!!
Original post by jodiek28
I got a place at Southampton :smile: I got told there and then. I very nearly cried... after all the rejection I'm finally able to complete my studies and do the job I love. Absolutely over the moon!!!!!

Congratulations! I have my interview tomorrow - Can I ask what you did your presentation/group discussion on and what questions you were asked? I was just told yesterday that I would have my interview tomorrow - so obviously, I am absolutely petrified!
Yes and I've accepted it!!! :smile: just my skills test numeracy to pass now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm feeling so stuck with this college choice form for Cambridge which is silly as I really don'r think I'll get in!

Homerton is obviously my first choice but I'm not sure about my second... At the moment I quite like the sound of the female only, over 21 college - sounds quite peaceful! I'm not sure I can handle the freshers at a third uni tbh.

But like I said, this is all silly because there's no way I'll be prepared in time for this interview anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending