The Student Room Group

A* for science?

in my physics coursework I just hit the a so what will I need to achieve an A* overall for physics?
more than 90%
Reply 2
Could you provide more information please?
Since you did coursework specifically for physics, I'm guessing you're doing all three sciences separately?

We really need to know what course you are doing and what board and whether it is an iGCSE or just a standard GCSE to be able to help you.
Original post by Gogregg
Could you provide more information please?
Since you did coursework specifically for physics, I'm guessing you're doing all three sciences separately?

We really need to know what course you are doing and what board and whether it is an iGCSE or just a standard GCSE to be able to help you.

Exactly, more background information needs to be given.
Reply 4
Original post by TheScienceBoy
Exactly, more background information needs to be given.
my exam board is OCR GATEWAY B and I'm doing further additional science so I get 3 separate GCSEs for each of the sciences
Original post by Afgsed
my exam board is OCR GATEWAY B and I'm doing further additional science so I get 3 separate GCSEs for each of the sciences

I do it too, but you don't get it for each sub-genre of science(chem,bio & phys)
You get it as:
core
additional
further additional

each one gets averaged out on 3 tests and 1 controlled assessment/coursework

e.g.
C1 % + B1 % + P1% + coursework %
core grade % = -----------------------------------------------
Reply 6
Original post by TheScienceBoy
I do it too, but you don't get it for each sub-genre of science(chem,bio & phys)
You get it as:
core
additional
further additional

each one gets averaged out on 3 tests and 1 controlled assessment/coursework

e.g.
C1 % + B1 % + P1% + coursework %
core grade % = -----------------------------------------------

Mine is different, I get mine as biology, chemistry and physics where they average out all the 1s to the 6s for each

Quick Reply

Latest