The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Giuit92
What, you just heard now??

Yea, I got the notification from UCAS at around 7.30 just now
Original post by rachel_roar
Thank you!!! Have you heard from Glasgow?

Nope nothing at all, I think I've been rejected which is really disappointing :frown: Guess I just wasn't good enough haha!
Original post by emem2011
Nope nothing at all, I think I've been rejected which is really disappointing :frown: Guess I just wasn't good enough haha!

Don't worry about it yet, if I'm not wrong they have another round of interviews in February. As long as they haven't sent you a rejection letter, there's still hope! (:
Reply 543
Just got my invitation for interview hours ago! Anyone else feeling excited but weirdly calm?
Reply 544
Yea, I got the notification from UCAS at around 7.30 just now

Woo! Congratulations! My interview is also on the 17th December :smile: so I'll see you around haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 545
Original post by itsarchie
Have ANY international applicants been offered an interview? :s-smilie:

Me! I'm from Singapore but am currently studying in Uni Manchester
Original post by medbot123
Sorry for the double post!
Yeah, people I know who applied last year seemed to get lower UKCAT score on average than this year's group.
I know what you mean, I guess we can't we email them and ask where we went wrong until we're officially rejected?

I got rejected pre-interview last year and unfortunately Glasgow don't even give you feedback on pre-interview rejections :colonhash: But there's still a chance of you getting an interview so don't give up yet
Original post by zethra
Woo! Congratulations! My interview is also on the 17th December :smile: so I'll see you around haha

Congratulations to you too! May I know what time your interview is? Mine's at 2.30pm. (:
Wooo, well done to all of you getting last minute interviews! :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 549
Congratulations to you too! May I know what time your interview is? Mine's at 2.30pm. (:

Mine's at 12.20pm so not too early and not too late either :P
I'm an international applicant and I've got an interview for the 17th of December.

Congratulations! :h:

All the best for your interview! ^^
Reply 551
Does anyone know when they'll send us the details like the address, location and all that? Need to buy my train tickets soon but not sure if I should get there a day earlier or something :/
Reply 552
Original post by itsarchie
Congratulations! :h:

All the best for your interview! ^^

Aww thank you! Hope you do well too :smile:
Original post by zethra
Does anyone know when they'll send us the details like the address, location and all that? Need to buy my train tickets soon but not sure if I should get there a day earlier or something :/

Interviews are held in the Glasgow Royal Infirmary which is near the centre of Glasgow, you won't need to be there a day early, it's probably best to just turn up about 15 minutes before your interview incase you get lost :smile:
Reply 554
Original post by hollyt93
Interviews are held in the Glasgow Royal Infirmary which is near the centre of Glasgow, you won't need to be there a day early, it's probably best to just turn up about 15 minutes before your interview incase you get lost :smile:

I saw that on their website but the hospital is hugeeee though haha. Also, they mentioned for interviewees to be there 30 mins before it starts so I guess I have to make my way an hour before (just to be safe :P)
Anyone got any good reasons why Glasgow...I mean it has a "spiral" curriculum ...and the shopping 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 556
Original post by Dylan_20
Anyone got any good reasons why Glasgow...I mean it has a "spiral" curriculum ...and the shopping 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should mention the placement opportunities at the southern general hospital and jubilee hospital - southern has received major funding and has had an entirely new hospital constructed for it, it opened start of 2015 I believe. It's massive, I did research there while at uni - worth mentioning
Reply 557
Original post by Dylan_20

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has to be your own honest personal reason really for you to have any passion in your voice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
It has to be your own honest personal reason really for you to have any passion in your voice

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Because I had a chance of getting an interview" :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zethra

It's the New Lister Building, it's got a separate entrance to the infirmary. The front door of the building faces into the motorway. If you enter the area via the car park, you just need to walk along the path next to the motorway and up the stairs, then the entrance to the building will be on your right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending