The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Psychology

Any good recommendations for A2 edexcel psychology textbooks?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Any good recommendations for A2 edexcel psychology textbooks?

I wouldn't recommend using a textbook at all actually. I think you're much better off using class notes and other students' notes online (I've got a whole load for A2 from a TSR user if you want them), and the past papers with mark schemes. I find that textbooks don't really explain things very well and it's hard to make notes form them. However if you insist on using a textbook, I'd use: Edexcel A2 Psychology Student Book as a main textbook (endorsed by Edexcel), and Angles on Psychology for Edexcel A2 Level Student Book as a companion.

I'm really enjoying this year compared to AS, are you? Good luck :smile:
mark schemes are gonna be your bestfriend
Original post by beyknowles2
I wouldn't recommend using a textbook at all actually. I think you're much better off using class notes and other students' notes online (I've got a whole load for A2 from a TSR user if you want them), and the past papers with mark schemes. I find that textbooks don't really explain things very well and it's hard to make notes form them. However if you insist on using a textbook, I'd use: Edexcel A2 Psychology Student Book as a main textbook (endorsed by Edexcel), and Angles on Psychology for Edexcel A2 Level Student Book as a companion.

I'm really enjoying this year compared to AS, are you? Good luck :smile:

Sorry for the late reply been really busy.

Thanks for the help I will definitely look into the thread (maybe if you link it to me) :P. As of this year im not enjoying it at all compared to last year as the topics are not as interesting for me.
Sorry for the late reply been really busy.

Thanks for the help I will definitely look into the thread (maybe if you link it to me) :P. As of this year im not enjoying it at all compared to last year as the topics are not as interesting for me.

Ah really, so you preferred last year!?! I guess you're doing Criminal and Child this year? That's a shame that you're not enjoying it. What are you doing so far? We're doing Criminal and Clinical between two teachers currently.
Ah really, so you preferred last year!?! I guess you're doing Criminal and Child this year? That's a shame that you're not enjoying it. What are you doing so far? We're doing Criminal and Clinical between two teachers currently.

Doing health and child hate child so much
Doing health and child hate child so much

Aw I (think I will) love child, it's basically developmental psychology. But I want to go into educational psychology so maybe that's why

You may like Clinical when you go on to it? Just try your best anyway, once you get the grade you need, you will no longer have to think about A2 Psychology :smile:
Aw I (think I will) love child, it's basically developmental psychology. But I want to go into educational psychology so maybe that's why

You may like Clinical when you go on to it? Just try your best anyway, once you get the grade you need, you will no longer have to think about A2 Psychology :smile:

Yeah lol once A2 is over no more psychology :biggrin:, did you do unit 3 first?
Yeah lol once A2 is over no more psychology :biggrin:, did you do unit 3 first?

Well we're doing Criminal from Unit 3 with the other teacher, and Clinical from Unit 4 with the other :smile:
I feel the same about French^^ :tongue:
Ooh that is a bit odd, we did health with one and child with other. How was criminal? seems so much more fun.
Ooh that is a bit odd, we did health with one and child with other. How was criminal? seems so much more fun.

I'm not going to lie it was/is still very boring and tiresome haha. Nothing I've learnt about so far in Criminal have I found interesting. It's just about explanations, treatments, studies and research methods into criminality (in summary). To be honest, doing Human Biology, I would perhaps have preferred Health :lol:
I'm not going to lie it was/is still very boring and tiresome haha. Nothing I've learnt about so far in Criminal have I found interesting. It's just about explanations, treatments, studies and research methods into criminality (in summary). To be honest, doing Human Biology, I would perhaps have preferred Health :lol:

Guess we are both unlucky :P what did you get last year for psychology?
Guess we are both unlucky :P what did you get last year for psychology?

A very disappointing C! Which I can't complain about because I got so stressed that I kept putting off revision, add that to me being naturally lazy and a procrastinator, I didn't do any revision until 3 hours before each exam when I had massive cramming sessions. To add insult to injury, it wasn't even revision because most of it I hadn't bothered learning properly so I had to actually learn things and remember them straight away.

But I'm obviously turning it around this year. I've gotten full marks in all of my tests so far and I'm working at A* level, according to my teachers. I'm definitely going for that A*, this year it was 47/60 in Unit 3 and 60/90 for Unit 4 for A*s in the papers, so 107/150 is all you need. That's quite reassuring isn't it? As long as you perfect your work ethic now, exams should be a breeze :biggrin:

It's great in my opinion that the grade boundary for Unit 4 is so low, because imagine you get a tough never-before-seen question in Unit 3 as a 12 marker so you get a lowish mark, then you bring it up with Unit 4 because there is many marks to be transferred there.

SORRY for all of that, what did you get?
A very disappointing C! Which I can't complain about because I got so stressed that I kept putting off revision, add that to me being naturally lazy and a procrastinator, I didn't do any revision until 3 hours before each exam when I had massive cramming sessions. To add insult to injury, it wasn't even revision because most of it I hadn't bothered learning properly so I had to actually learn things and remember them straight away.

But I'm obviously turning it around this year. I've gotten full marks in all of my tests so far and I'm working at A* level, according to my teachers. I'm definitely going for that A*, this year it was 47/60 in Unit 3 and 60/90 for Unit 4 for A*s in the papers, so 107/150 is all you need. That's quite reassuring isn't it? As long as you perfect your work ethic now, exams should be a breeze :biggrin:

It's great in my opinion that the grade boundary for Unit 4 is so low, because imagine you get a tough never-before-seen question in Unit 3 as a 12 marker so you get a lowish mark, then you bring it up with Unit 4 because there is many marks to be transferred there.

SORRY for all of that, what did you get?

Haha damn boosts my confidence a little, I got a B but i will be resitting unit 2 :biggrin:
Haha damn boosts my confidence a little, I got a B but i will be resitting unit 2 :biggrin:

Me too :smile:!! What are you doing for it? I've been doing model answers for everything on the spec (which is approach I'm taking for A2) and getting them to full marks, and I'm gona make a booklet on Word for Unit 2. I'm not doing notes on any of the methodology because it's all covered in Unit 4 synoptic so I'm not writing two lots of different notes on the same things

Hoping to get as close to full marks as possible in my resit so that if I do happen to **** up in this year's exams, I may still get an A overall, though I'm going to really work for that A*

Being as we covered Unit 2 last year I'm not putting too much effort in to studying, I'm going to do some good revision over Christmas and do maybe two past papers towards the end to make sure I'm confident with all areas of Unit 2, then I'll start revising again a month before the exam (around 21st May) so I can put my effort into A2s
(edited 8 years ago)
Me too :smile:!! What are you doing for it? I've been doing model answers for everything on the spec (which is approach I'm taking for A2) and getting them to full marks, and I'm gona make a booklet on Word for Unit 2. I'm not doing notes on any of the methodology because it's all covered in Unit 4 synoptic so I'm not writing two lots of different notes on the same things

Hoping to get as close to full marks as possible in my resit so that if I do happen to **** up in this year's exams, I may still get an A overall, though I'm going to really work for that A*

Being as we covered Unit 2 last year I'm not putting too much effort in to studying, I'm going to do some good revision over Christmas and do maybe two past papers towards the end to make sure I'm confident with all areas of Unit 2, then I'll start revising again a month before the exam (around 21st May) so I can put my effort into A2s

We get given booklets in our school so ill probably be using them as well as the edexcel a2 textbook i guess. My mindset hasnt been too focused this year but i will be soon changing that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending