The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Good luck to both of you guys xD do you feel prepared? XD

Nope! I'm so bad at interviews :frown: Just frantically doing some last minute reading lol
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by RWRC2421
Rejection from kings!!

for anyone worried my stats are 2:1 Physiology, AAA a level (no A* when I was at college), 2.5 years healthcare experience 675 UKCAT!

Good luck everyone I cant grumble as have 1 interview!

Sorry to hear this, wish you all the best in yr other applications
Reply 602
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hello!

Good luck with your interview! As we're sure you know, KCL Medicine interviews are in the MMI format.

In order to prepare for this style of interview, an important thing to start doing is to practice forming answers to mock questions under short time-frames. You may only have a minute before each MMI station to prepare your answers!

Different stations tend to focus on different aspects, so be sure to do a little research - perhaps Google search interview questions based around the following:

-You could be presented with a set of instructions that describe a situation involving an ethical scenario, which you will then be asked to discuss or try and solve.

-You could be given a scenario involving an actor - for example, you might have to break some bad news to them or gather specific information.

-You may be given a task involving teamwork with other applicants.

-There might be a station where you are asked a traditional interview question or given a reading comprehension exercise. So don't forget to practice the more traditional style questions like "biggest problems facing the NHS", "why you want to study Medicine" and "why you chose KCL" etc.

-You could be given a sheet of data and asked to provide analysis of it - so be sure to be up-to-date on your science/maths syllabuses, and do some practice data-interpretation of graphs! Perhaps ask your biology teachers for some mocks!

There could also be stations on other topics, so don't just focus on the topics listed above.

Remember to also stay up to date with the latest medical news. For instance, see the BBC news health section, NHS news articles and other general articles on the NHS (see this BBC search on NHS articles).

Also, Google search 'Richard Lehman's Weekly Review'. Dr Lehman is a retired GP who writes funny reviews of the latest and most interesting medical journals/papers (you can check them out here).

We've also got a free blog here covering some general top tips for MMI preparation!

Good luck, and feel free to ask us any questions,

The Medic Portal

Thank you, that's been very helpful.
I have a question on potential data analysis questions we may be asked- will we be required to revise through any scientific knowledge or will all the information we need to answer the question be presented to us?

Got interview aswell
How long after the interview do they take to give you an offer/ rejection?
Reply 605
Hey! Anyone got an interview on Monday at 3:15pm??? If you have ill see you there!!

does anyone know what sort of stations and questions to expect and how many there will be/how much time for each one?

I feel so underprepared!

Best of luck to everyone:biggrin:
Reply 606
Original post by JannaX
Hey! Anyone got an interview on Monday at 3:15pm??? If you have ill see you there!!

does anyone know what sort of stations and questions to expect and how many there will be/how much time for each one?

I feel so underprepared!

Best of luck to everyone:biggrin:

Good luck! How have you been preparing?
Reply 607
Original post by 5824
Good luck! How have you been preparing?

honestly i havent done much which probably isnt great :/ but just generally reading the BBC news and keeping up with some current affairs and looking over sample practice questiuons which are just dotted around online :smile:
Reply 608
Original post by JannaX
honestly i havent done much which probably isnt great :/ but just generally reading the BBC news and keeping up with some current affairs and looking over sample practice questiuons which are just dotted around online :smile:

I think that's pretty sufficient for MMI :smile: Do you think they'd ask about extra-curricular?
Reply 609
Original post by 5824
I think that's pretty sufficient for MMI :smile: Do you think they'd ask about extra-curricular?

i hope so tbh ahah I prefer when they as about things on my personal statement to give me prompts but i doubt therell be a specific personal statement station
is Kings traditional or PBL?
Original post by nutcase13

Integrated lol
Original post by nutcase13

It's an integrated course. TheMedicPortal provides a great summary of what this sort of course involves
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/integrated/
Original post by RDB1826
It's an integrated course. TheMedicPortal provides a great summary of what this sort of course involves
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/integrated/

thanks
Reply 614
Do kcl do tours before interviews?
Original post by 5824
Thank you, that's been very helpful.
I have a question on potential data analysis questions we may be asked- will we be required to revise through any scientific knowledge or will all the information we need to answer the question be presented to us?

Hello,

Basically, it will be a bit of both! So be sure to be up-to-date on your science/Maths syllabuses so far as you'll most probably need GCSE/AS level science knowledge and Maths in order to well interpret any data you are presented with.

For example, you could be presented with a graph that represents the function of varying antibiotics and their effectiveness. Interpreting this would require maths knowledge of graphs/gradients, and also biological/chemical knowledge of the antibiotics and their role in the body.

Perhaps ask your chemistry/maths/biology teachers for some example data-interpretation questions to get some practice?

We hope this helps,

The Medic Portal
Just had my interview- how did you guys find it? :biggrin:
Reply 617
Just had my interview- how did you guys find it? :biggrin:

a bit up and down tbh, why cant i send you pm's?
Original post by aribery
a bit up and down tbh, why cant i send you pm's?

Haha, sorry my inbox is full. I'll clear some space up in 10. What time was your slot?
Reply 619
Haha, sorry my inbox is full. I'll clear some space up in 10. What time was your slot?

10.15 lol

Latest