The Student Room Group

The latymer 6th form

I'm applying to Latymer 6th form for 2016 and taking the entrance test in January. Could anyone tell me what to expect and practice to get ready for it? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _HS
I'm applying to Latymer 6th form for 2016 and taking the entrance test in January. Could anyone tell me what to expect and practice to get ready for it? :biggrin:

I'm applying there too and all I know so far is that it is based on quantitative, verbal and non-verbal reasoning. I hope I've been helpful.☺
Reply 2
Are you doing anything to prepare for it? And what are your predicted grades? :smile:
Original post by Mojeri
I'm applying there too and all I know so far is that it is based on quantitative, verbal and non-verbal reasoning. I hope I've been helpful.☺
Original post by _HS
Are you doing anything to prepare for it? And what are your predicted grades? :smile:

The website says we don't need to prepare but a little practice from 11+ past papers never hurt any body:wink:. I'm predicted mostly A/A*s with a few Bs although I came to my school in Yr 10 and I got two new teachers who don't know the level I'm working at. I don't even have target grades so... Anywho, goodluck. We only have 15 days left. Try to make the most of it
Reply 4
Original post by Mojeri
The website says we don't need to prepare but a little practice from 11+ past papers never hurt any body:wink:. I'm predicted mostly A/A*s with a few Bs although I came to my school in Yr 10 and I got two new teachers who don't know the level I'm working at. I don't even have target grades so... Anywho, goodluck. We only have 15 days left. Try to make the most of it

Yeah i'm flicking through my old 11+ papers as well... Dunno if they're gunna be much useful though. Anyways have a happy new year and maybe see you in Latymer :smile: btw what school do you go to? x
Happy New Year too. By God's grace we will meet. I go to Alexandra Park School in Haringey. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I've never heard of your school before... I go to ashmole academy in Southgate :biggrin:
I've only ever heard of yours on TSR and I've got no idea where it is so I guess we're even.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Does anyone have any idea of what the quantative reasoning is?
Reply 9
I think it's working with numbers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was it? Did you do morning or afternoon?
Reply 11
I though it was alright... Not sure how i did though... I was in the afternoon what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it quite easy, it was kinda like the Year 7 test.
Reply 13
I didn't finish some of the sections either so i had to guess but quite a few of my friends didn't finish either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _HS
I though it was alright... Not sure how i did though... I was in the afternoon what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in afternoon too. What seat were you in? I was in C18
Reply 15
I was in F20 at the back 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was in the morning B8
Reply 17
Original post by nallencooper20
I was in the morning B8

How did you find the test? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite easy, it was quite similar to their Year 7 entrance test