The Student Room Group

Barely any Mock Revision

Hi all,

Now, I know it's REALLY bad, but I go back to school on 6th January and I then have my GCSE mock exams. The thing is, I've done barely any revision so far.

I'm planning on doing A LOT in the next few days, but is there anybody who did very little mock exam revision and did quite well (As and A*s)?

Banana
Reply 1
In the next few days? No. Start now.

Btw, they're only mocks. They don't determine what you get in the real thing. Loads of people I know flopped their mocks and smashed the summer exams.

So chill, girl. Chill. You'll be fine :wink:
Original post by Banana00
Hi all,

Now, I know it's REALLY bad, but I go back to school on 6th January and I then have my GCSE mock exams. The thing is, I've done barely any revision so far.

I'm planning on doing A LOT in the next few days, but is there anybody who did very little mock exam revision and did quite well (As and A*s)?

Banana

I started off banging out revision, but in the end I only properly revised for chemistry and geography. It didn't go too badly - as long as you know you'll do better in the real things. It's because my school doesn't do mocks properly, we only had one mock for Literature, with a foundation paper for the whole year. However, take my advice and take them seriously, so you have an idea of where you're at.
For my GCSE mocks, I did no revision and got Mostly A's and one B.

Mock cheat: Revise most recent papers e.g 2015 Maths paper. Just a little hint:wink:
Reply 4
I did a little bit of revision for my mocks and failed one. Ended up with mostly B's with a few A's and C's :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by lubsjk
In the next few days? No. Start now.

Btw, they're only mocks. They don't determine what you get in the real thing. Loads of people I know flopped their mocks and smashed the summer exams.

So chill, girl. Chill. You'll be fine :wink:

Sorry for the confusion - I meant over the next few days, i.e. starting tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your help and support!:smile::smile:
Reply 6
Original post by flippantri
I started off banging out revision, but in the end I only properly revised for chemistry and geography. It didn't go too badly - as long as you know you'll do better in the real things. It's because my school doesn't do mocks properly, we only had one mock for Literature, with a foundation paper for the whole year. However, take my advice and take them seriously, so you have an idea of where you're at.

Original post by Hasanalm
For my GCSE mocks, I did no revision and got Mostly A's and one B.

Mock cheat: Revise most recent papers e.g 2015 Maths paper. Just a little hint:wink:

Original post by luciie
I did a little bit of revision for my mocks and failed one. Ended up with mostly B's with a few A's and C's :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you all; this makes me feel a bit better:h:
I hope I'm not aiming too high right now for As and A*s but my teachers will expect at least an A from me so I want to do well.
Original post by Banana00
Sorry for the confusion - I meant over the next few days, i.e. starting tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your help and support!:smile::smile:

Don't start tomorrow. Start now. I'm utilising a method where I cover 1 section a day(well thanks to my poor organisation on todoist, I have to do Physics and Biology chapters together), then review it the next day, then do a final review a week later. This seems to work. I regret not starting earlier because now I barely have any time to do past papers for my mocks, but I doubt I'll change for the real thing either, so meh.

Quick Reply

Latest