The Student Room Group

Nursing 2016 buckinghamshire new university

Hi guys, sent my UCAS off on Tuesday and within two days I got offered an interview for bucks I'm delighted cause it is my first choice! I'm a pre nursing student from Ireland and my interview is on the 20th of January, anyone else have a interview for that day? Or a interview for bucks? Does anyone know what will happen on the day?

Branch: Adult nursing
I had an interview at bucks in November! If you have any questions feel free to ask and good luck☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really congrats on getting an interview how did it go? What happens on the day? :smile: and what is the group interview like? Thanks
Oh really congrats on getting an interview how did it go? What happens on the day? and what is the group interview like? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Littleowl97x
Oh really congrats on getting an interview how did it go? What happens on the day? and what is the group interview like? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was alright! We went in and did our maths and literacy tests and had a group talk with one of the lecturers. After this we was split into smaller groups and had a group interview, then we went on too do our individual interview! I didn't get into bucks but I was glad as in my opinion I really didn't like it. The group interview was very simple and you really don't need to worry - not allowed to say exactly what happens! Good luck!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jesslouisexo

It was alright! We went in and did our maths and literacy tests and had a group talk with one of the lecturers. After this we was split into smaller groups and had a group interview, then we went on too do our individual interview! I didn't get into bucks but I was glad as in my opinion I really didn't like it. The group interview was very simple and you really don't need to worry - not allowed to say exactly what happens! Good luck!☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really sorry to hear you didn't get in, and thanks for the reply feel a bit more at ease now :smile:
Reply 6
I have a interview for bucks on the 20th too! Did you find the maths and english tests hard?
Original post by dede100
I have a interview for bucks on the 20th too! Did you find the maths and english tests hard?

Yes I did find them quite difficult in comparison to other uni's I've been to for interviews, the maths isn't too bad as you can use a calculator!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by jesslouisexo
Yes I did find them quite difficult in comparison to other uni's I've been to for interviews, the maths isn't too bad as you can use a calculator!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really?! Damn it. Kingston is my first choice and my first interview but bucks is my second choice. Is there anything you would advise on me to brush up on in relation to maths?
Original post by dede100
Oh really?! Damn it. Kingston is my first choice and my first interview but bucks is my second choice. Is there anything you would advise on me to brush up on in relation to maths?

Dede, what branch of nursing are you applying for? I've been told to practice weights, decimals, fractions, percentages, multiplying, adding, subtracting, division, measurements and stuff like that. I got an shortlisted for city uni London and they sent me a list of sites that are helpful to
Prepare for the
Maths but I guess the questions will be similar to the Bucks one too if you want me to send x
Reply 10
Dede, what branch of nursing are you applying for? I've been told to practice weights, decimals, fractions, percentages, multiplying, adding, subtracting, division, measurements and stuff like that. I got an shortlisted for city uni London and they sent me a list of sites that are helpful to
Prepare for the
Maths but I guess the questions will be similar to the Bucks one too if you want me to send x

Hey hun, ive applied for adult nursing! Ive applied kingston, south bank, city london, bucks ( thats my preferable order too ahha) that would be fantastic if you could please i would really appre that. Im such a worrier haha. Where else have you applied xx
Original post by dede100
Hey hun, ive applied for adult nursing! Ive applied kingston, south bank, city london, bucks ( thats my preferable order too ahha) that would be fantastic if you could please i would really appre that. Im such a worrier haha. Where else have you applied xx

I've applied to all those too! We might be in the same class who knows 😂 haha. London south bank I think might be my first choice cause it's easy for me to travel to but so is bucks actually!
I'm nevous as hell too for the maths but I know some of the unis have sample questions on their page which has is worth a look cause it's very helpful to revise! Lsbu have some which I found helpful. Have you many interviews? Here's the links for the maths
http://www.snap.nhs.uk/www.bbc.co.uk/skillswisewww.testandcalc.comwww.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesizewww.allmath.com/multtable.php
Hope that helps x
Original post by dede100

Ahh I posted 5 links and they don't work! I could email you them if
You want or if you have kik? Don't know why it won't post properly grrr.
Reply 13
Ahh I posted 5 links and they don't work! I could email you them if
You want or if you have kik? Don't know why it won't post properly grrr.

Oh yes please email [email protected]. i dont have kik :frown: ! Oh yay youve applied tot he same ones haha! Have you had interviews anywhere else yet? Kingston is my first choice then its between south bank and city.
Original post by dede100
Oh yes please email [email protected]. i dont have kik :frown: ! Oh yay youve applied tot he same ones haha! Have you had interviews anywhere else yet? Kingston is my first choice then its between south bank and city.

I'll send you an email now :smile: haven't had any yet, the first one I have is the. Acessment at City on the 8th! You? I have 4 interviews and waiting for Kingston to tell me if they have shortlisted me or not.
Reply 15
I'll send you an email now :smile: haven't had any yet, the first one I have is the. Acessment at City on the 8th! You? I have 4 interviews and waiting for Kingston to tell me if they have shortlisted me or not.

Thank you! I will tell you once you email haha it will be eaiser x
Original post by dede100
Thank you! I will tell you once you email haha it will be eaiser x

Email sent!
I'm at student at Bucks, I started in September and I was so scared for my maths and literacy test, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I did struggle to answer all the questions in the time, but other then that it was ok. The group interview isn't anything to worry about, just make sure that you show your confidence and enthusiasm to communicate in a good. With your individual interview, again show your confidence and enthusiasm for the course, and make sure that you show your caring side. Also, make sure you know the 5C's and that you understand them!😃
Original post by KatherineAnne
I'm at student at Bucks, I started in September and I was so scared for my maths and literacy test, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I did struggle to answer all the questions in the time, but other then that it was ok. The group interview isn't anything to worry about, just make sure that you show your confidence and enthusiasm to communicate in a good. With your individual interview, again show your confidence and enthusiasm for the course, and make sure that you show your caring side. Also, make sure you know the 5C's and that you understand them!😃

Thanks for the reply! Was the maths really hard? And what should I cover?
The group interview, like what happens? Do they give you a topic
And you just discuss
It?
Reply 19
Original post by dede100

How did your interview go. How was the group interview and one to one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending