The Student Room Group

No more accommodation left at my uni

( Buckinghamshire New university) My university has no more spaces left and have said they have numerous amount of people who have no where to stay . I was wondering if it’s possible for me to stay at another universities halls ? In a neighboring city? I have exhausted all options for finding a place to stay. Trust me I’ve called the university for days now and they can’t do much but give me private renting places and they are all extremely overpriced . This is making me not even want to continue with university the amount of stress I’ve had to go through finding accommodation the past 2 weeks
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Venturav
( Buckinghamshire New university) My university has no more spaces left and have said they have numerous amount of people who have no where to stay . I was wondering if it’s possible for me to stay at another universities halls ? In a neighboring city? I have exhausted all options for finding a place to stay. Trust me I’ve called the university for days now and they can’t do much but give me private renting places and they are all extremely overpriced . This is making me not even want to continue with university the amount of stress I’ve had to go through finding accommodation the past 2 weeks

You won't be able to stay in another university's accommodation, no.

Your only option will be private accommodation (or deferring for a year). You say that private accommodation is "all extremely overpriced". Is that still the case if you look further afield? You were considering another university's halls, in a neighbouring city; have you considered private accommodation in a neighbouring town / city?

Most (but not all) unis guarantee accommodation to first year students who select them as their firm choice. Was Buckinghamshire New University your insurance choice, perhaps, or did you secure your place via Clearing?
Original post by Venturav

If you can’t find anywhere to live ask them to place you into clearing and apply elsewhere.

There’s still courses available in clearing at universities with accommodation available.

Alternatively see if you can find short term (1 month or so) lets or lodgings. Within a few weeks of term there will usually be space available either from students not turning up or even better from students who decide to drop out (these students have to find a replacement tenant or they’re obligated to pay rent for the whole year - which often means that you can do them a favour by taking over their tenancy and that they’ll have paid the rent for the first term or most of it so you get a bargain).
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending