The Student Room Group

Help! Common Biology Topics?!

Hi there!
I am REALLY scared about the 2016 exams, especially for Biology, Chemistry and Physics! Could anyone out there please remind me of any common topics that are assessed every ear for these topics? I am doing AQA... all units!
PLEASE reply back ASAP!
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by H.cool
Hi there!
I am REALLY scared about the 2016 exams, especially for Biology, Chemistry and Physics! Could anyone out there please remind me of any common topics that are assessed every ear for these topics? I am doing AQA... all units!
PLEASE reply back ASAP!
Thanks

Same here, lol.
Maybe we can help each other. :smile:
Are you doing Higher or Foundation?
Reply 2
What grade are you looking to get at the end of the year?
Reply 3
Original post by H.cool

Quick tip because I see you're new in town: you see the orange buttons at the bottom right of my post? If you use the one with the speechmarks it allows you to quote people, like I am now. It just means the person/people you are responding to get a notification that you've responded :smile:

I assume this is GCSE? I did Edexcel but I should be able to help with physics question and possibly some chemistry

Original post by Awais_
Same here, lol.

Just making sure you got this :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98

Just making sure you got this :smile:

Cheers mate.

Original post by H.cool

I'm looking to get a grade A, possibly an A*. :smile:
I recommend getting the CGP revision guide for each.
Reply 5
Original post by Awais_
Cheers mate.

I'm looking to get a grade A, possibly an A*. :smile:
I recommend getting the CGP revision guide for each.

No probs
Original post by H.cool
Hi there!
PLEASE reply back ASAP!
Thanks

Look through as many past papers you can get a hold of, you'll notice a pattern of similar topics and questions. Write them down. Then check the mark schemes for those questions and write down the answers, so you know what to write to get full marks in the future.
Original post by Awais_
Same here, lol.

I think we should help each other- I'm doing higher biology chemistry and physics core and additional.
i really struggle
Reply 8
Original post by jstylesxx
I think we should help each other- I'm doing higher biology chemistry and physics core and additional.
i really struggle

Sure, PM if you need help. :smile:
Or if you want to talk about any topics, I'll be happy to help.
Reply 9
Original post by Andy98
Quick tip because I see you're new in town: you see the orange buttons at the bottom right of my post? If you use the one with the speechmarks it allows you to quote people, like I am now. It just means the person/people you are responding to get a notification that you've responded :smile:

I assume this is GCSE? I did Edexcel but I should be able to help with physics question and possibly some chemistry

Yeah, it is. I am doing the AQA exam board. Thanks for the tip
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by H.cool
Yeah, it is. I am doing the AQA exam board. Thanks for the tip

Ahhh ok, no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Andy98
Ahhh ok, no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know any common biology topics that are usually asked about for the AQA Biology Papers?
Really appreciate your help!!!
Reply 12
Original post by H.cool
Do you know any common biology topics that are usually asked about for the AQA Biology Papers?

I did Edexcel, so unfortunately not.
Reply 13
What about English Lit. and Lang. - which exam board did you do for them?
Reply 14
Original post by H.cool
What about English Lit. and Lang. - which exam board did you do for them?

AQA and AQA for triple too, predicted - A*'s.
Reply 15
Original post by H.cool

In B2, geographical isolation tends to come up quite a lot. Mendel&his peas experiment (genes), drug testing, how fossils are formed, function of the kidney (if doing B3), carbon cycle, analysing&comparing graphs, measuring distribution (technique), magnification.. that's all I can remember:smile:
I'd really recommend the AQA revision guides..they really helped my for the 2015 exams!
All the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Ok thanks niki!!!!! Really appreciate it!
Also, what about Chemistry topics for AQA????
Thanks once again - please let me know ASAP!
I'm scared too, thankfully I don't need science for sixth form :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by H.cool
Ok thanks niki!!!!! Really appreciate it!
Also, what about Chemistry topics for AQA????
Thanks once again - please let me know ASAP!

Just putting all 3 AQA unit topics in one here...structure of the earth, hard water/soft water (adv/diasadv and how to soften hardwater), the early periodic table, uses of esters (ethyl ethanoate), drawing the structure of ethyl ethanoate&ethanoic acid, fractional distillation, types of bonding (remember to mention intermolecular/electromagnetic forces etc), the limestone cycle, analysing data (e.g. Being able to tell when a reaction is fully complete from data), key definitions, empirical formula, reactivity series, types of reactions (what they produce, e.g acid+base->salt+water and being able to apply this), EQUILIBRIUM&the Haber process (quite a hard topic to get your head around but once you've got it you should be fine!), flame tests for ions, titration calculations, bond energy calculations.
^ that's just a list of the bunch of topics I vaguely remember answering questions about (bare in min many might be one marker topics too)..I'm pretty sure loads more topic came up than I've listen, and some may not even come up lool. I'd still recommend learning everything because it's not always helpful to solely rely on a topic list!
All the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Ok Nki - thanks for the help.
REALLY DO appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest