The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glennatron
The earliest you'll be expected to attend is probably 8am for surgical ward rounds which is standard in most hospitals but the majority of the time it'll be 9am or later.

Hey man can I ask you how confident you were of gaining an offer from Glasgow based on how your interview went? Like did you think it went perfect and new you were going to get an offer or did you mildly mess up some questions and worry about it?
Honestly the interview went so quickly I came out thinking I hadn't said enough and did not feel confident. You just never know until the offer does or doesn't come in!
Reply 782
Original post by Pennyarcade
The workload in any degree is hard. Don't go to uni if you don't want to stress over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on mate that's not totally true. I'm applying as a graduate, I've already done the whole degree thing and mine was a real degree too, not media studies and a degree is as hard as you make it.

Nothing is given that should be beyond a persons capacity, it's just about organisation, time management and prep. As long as you do those 3, you're sorted and you should be able to get ahead in nearly any degree.

To anyone worried about their degree, just remember you wouldn't be there if you couldn't do it, you just need some faith.

If however you dick about... Well then yeh, then you're making your degree hard. Which most people do to some extent; I know I did.
Reply 783
Has anyone gotten a specific date for the February interviews? I had a december one but they agreed to reschedule for week of february 8th. I need to make travel plans.
Original post by enaomie
Has anyone gotten a specific date for the February interviews? I had a december one but they agreed to reschedule for week of february 8th. I need to make travel plans.

what was your reason for re scheduleing? And you should wait a couple of days then call them
Reply 785
Original post by sunburner
what was your reason for re scheduleing? And you should wait a couple of days then call them

I had final exams in the US (that's where i school) and im international. not really sure which of the reasons it was. but thanks!! I will call them in a couple of days.
Has anyone heard about interviews for beginning of February? Even students whose interviews were postponed?
Reply 787
Original post by nzomvwa
Has anyone heard about interviews for beginning of February? Even students whose interviews were postponed?

Just received one for the 10th of february
Original post by raye17
Just received one for the 10th of february

Are you an international student or was your interview postponed?
Reply 789
Original post by nzomvwa
Are you an international student or was your interview postponed?

Im an international student
Original post by raye17
Im an international student

Thank you and congratulations! I wish you the best of luck!
Would you mind telling me your stats? I'm just wondering if I should still be hoping to get one or if they've all been sent out.
Reply 791
Original post by nzomvwa
Thank you and congratulations! I wish you the best of luck!
Would you mind telling me your stats? I'm just wondering if I should still be hoping to get one or if they've all been sent out.

Uhm im kinda new to student room, what are the stats i see everyone asking about? 😅
Original post by raye17
Uhm im kinda new to student room, what are the stats i see everyone asking about? 😅

Your predicted grades, or achieved grades, and your UKCAT score is what I would be interested in, in this case. :smile:
Reply 793
Original post by nzomvwa
Your predicted grades, or achieved grades, and your UKCAT score is what I would be interested in, in this case. :smile:

Ah okay hahaha. Initial predicted grades were 2A* and 2As. Recent AS results were 4 strong As UKCAT VR: 620, QR: 750, AR: 680, DA: 700, and a Band 2.
Original post by raye17
Ah okay hahaha. Initial predicted grades were 2A* and 2As. Recent AS results were 4 strong As UKCAT VR: 620, QR: 750, AR: 680, DA: 700, and a Band 2.

Thank you so much and good luck with your interview!
Guys, were any of you prompted at your ethics station during the interview? I don't know if I'm over analysing it, but she kept asking me questions about the scenario, she didn't ask me "anything else?", they were just very direct questions... I'm a little worried that will lose me a lot of points... :frown:
Reply 796
Original post by nzomvwa
Thank you so much and good luck with your interview!

You're welcome and thank you too! May I know where you're from?
Original post by raye17
You're welcome and thank you too! May I know where you're from?

I'm from Finland. I'm doing an IB here. :smile:
Reply 798
Original post by nzomvwa
I'm from Finland. I'm doing an IB here. :smile:

I see. Well, I hope you get your interview offer soon! :smile:
Reply 799
Original post by madmed16
Guys, were any of you prompted at your ethics station during the interview? I don't know if I'm over analysing it, but she kept asking me questions about the scenario, she didn't ask me "anything else?", they were just very direct questions... I'm a little worried that will lose me a lot of points... :frown:
I was prompted in one of the panels, they asked open ended questions like 'anything else' etc, but in my other one it felt like they just wanted to ask me the questions and get it over with. You never know what's going on inside the interviewers heads, so I wouldn't worry too much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending