The Student Room Group

TSR Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) Super Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stickman
1 grade, even chance of getting rejected automatically. 2 grades likely so.

how about unit grades because for Btec they need like Distinction in Maths, if I miss out, would I still get accepted?
Original post by dream_big
how about unit grades because for Btec they need like Distinction in Maths, if I miss out, would I still get accepted?

Nobody can say for sure. They over-offer and expect some to miss out. It may depend on how many others also miss their offer and by how much. Or they may choose to take someone with higher grades via Adjustment instead.

The only way to be sure is to meet your conditions in full.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Nobody can say for sure. They over-offer and expect some to miss out. It may depend on how many others also miss their offer and by how much. Or they may choose to take someone with higher grades via Adjustment instead.

The only way to be sure is to meet your conditions in full.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats true

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say It depends on the university I have been accepted for a Beng hopefully Meng aswel for EEE at Sheffield Hallam uni (ranked 24th - Guardian) they used to ask for distinctions in Btec further maths but now they only want a pass, admissions dont just look at grades they take the whole person in consideration I.E personal statement, progress, personal reasons why they might not have achieved the grade ect and the most important question is do they think you the ability, so if you do really well in all your other units but miss a grade in maths and say you got a merit its unlikely they would reject you (depending on the uni)

You could either chose to put most of your revision effort in your maths unit or in other units, personally as long as your keeping your grades balanced I would put more revision effort into maths not only to achieve the grade it will be handy as uni if understand the higher level stuff
Original post by Christone96
I would say It depends on the university I have been accepted for a Beng hopefully Meng aswel for EEE at Sheffield Hallam uni (ranked 24th - Guardian) they used to ask for distinctions in Btec further maths but now they only want a pass, admissions dont just look at grades they take the whole person in consideration I.E personal statement, progress, personal reasons why they might not have achieved the grade ect and the most important question is do they think you the ability, so if you do really well in all your other units but miss a grade in maths and say you got a merit its unlikely they would reject you (depending on the uni)

You could either chose to put most of your revision effort in your maths unit or in other units, personally as long as your keeping your grades balanced I would put more revision effort into maths not only to achieve the grade it will be handy as uni if understand the higher level stuff

Thanks for kind thoughts, the maths really putting me as my teacher an't so good therefore i doubt i would achieve distinction but i think overall i will achieve university's requirement or even surpass them however really concerned on the maths.

For that - I really am not sure of the system, sorry!
I'm a first year student on a 4 year MEng with a year in industry (yini). Are there any pros/cons with taking the yini between the second and third year, or the third and fourth year?
Anyone had a Southampton offer yet. Is it A*AA or AAA?
Tomorrow is the EEE Southampton applicants day. Anyone attending? Give us a whoop at lunch time.
Original post by hedgemonkey
Tomorrow is the EEE Southampton applicants day. Anyone attending? Give us a whoop at lunch time.

ayyy, ill see you there mate. Finally found someone that's attending tomorrow :biggrin:
Good luck
Reply 370
Original post by BlackSweetness
Can any electrical engineering graduates or students tell me what the workload is like and how hard is it to obtain a 2:1.
Im going to an interview at university of liverpool tomorrow and leeds on the 27th of january so i want to have a feel of what the experience is going to be like

How was your interview at Leeds? I've got one next week and would love some advice (did you get asked any technical questions) thanks :smile:
Original post by Ro97
How was your interview at Leeds? I've got one next week and would love some advice (did you get asked any technical questions) thanks :smile:

They asked me some basic maths questions but nothing too challenging! Youll do fine mate
Ive got an offer from KCL and Edinburgh.waiting on QMUL and southampton .international student here so can anyone guide me ? Also how good is the university of edinburgh?
Anyone had a Southampton offer yet. Is it A*AA or AAA?

A*AA / A*A*B for the MEng offer :h:
got an offer from brunel London . How good is Brunel uni for EEE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Just had my Imperial Interview, seems like it went alright, had a really nice interviewer.
Got an A*AA offer from Soton. Attended applicants day on Feb 2. Now the graft begins
Got an A*AA offer from Soton. Attended applicants day on Feb 2. Now the graft begins

Same here bud
I really like Manchester. Is it foolsh to put it as second choice above surrey? Surrey are 8 places above.
I really like Manchester. Is it foolsh to put it as second choice above surrey? Surrey are 8 places above.

Well consider aspects other than rankings as well,like would you be happy at Surrey etc .from what you say you seem sure to like manchester . Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest