The Student Room Group

Afghan woman's nose cut of by husband

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redleader1
A lot of domestic violence is hidden it's like the victim comes foward after 30 incidents or something

Yes, and this effect is arguably greater in Afghan society, where twisted concepts like 'family honour' and 'keeping family business in the family' are commonplace, than in modern British society. That only furthers my point.
Original post by Hydeman
Yes, and this effect is arguably greater in Afghan society, where twisted concepts like 'family honour' and 'keeping family business in the family' are commonplace, than in modern British society. That only furthers my point.

Oh right chill out, you do realise that there are other cultures and countries out there except for the UK, where everyone does what they think is right ? Some people will probably frown on British culture. Everyones like oh there ****ed look at them and vice versa etc.

Just sit down and realise that there are different people in this world,and what they do, its for us to say is it. Ive put a western domestic violence post in this thread and have also seen an eastern one too, just to help people understand domestic violence happens everywhere. Just because it does, does not make it right.
Ive put a western domestic violence post in this thread and have also seen an eastern one too, just to help people understand domestic violence happens everywhere.

Neither I nor anyone else has disputed that. I know why Danny McCoyne got so defensive, but I'm unsure why you are.

Just because it does, does not make it right.

Again, nobody has said that. Reporting on an incident of domestic violence in Afghanistan doesn't imply that domestic violence doesn't happen here or that it's more excusable when it happens here.
Original post by Hydeman
Neither I nor anyone else has disputed that. I know why Danny McCoyne got so defensive, but I'm unsure why you are.

Again, nobody has said that. Reporting on an incident of domestic violence in Afghanistan doesn't imply that domestic violence doesn't happen here or that it's more excusable when it happens here.

Im not getting defensive im just saying people should realise there are different cultures etc like you said 'twisted concepts like family honour'. To you it maybe twisted but to others its normal.
Im not getting defensive im just saying people should realise there are different cultures etc like you said 'twisted concepts like family honour'. To you it maybe twisted but to others its normal.

It may be, but I'm entitled to call what is clearly a violation of individual liberty twisted, as are people who believe in that concept to call me a moral degenerate or to accuse me of selfishness. I'm never going to apologise for or downplay my support for individualism to spare someone else's emotions about their culture; if that offends or disrespects somebody, so be it.
Reply 85
The prophet doesn't say marry little kids, he's just ****ed up like that
Reply 86
Original post by Habina786xx
That is disgusting!
Women should speak up! Ergh

they can't though it's not that simple, a lot of women get hit there and if husnand finds out knowing he's already a psychopath he'll do worse
Original post by Hydeman
It may be, but I'm entitled to call what is clearly a violation of individual liberty twisted, as are people who believe in that concept to call me a moral degenerate or to accuse me of selfishness. I'm never going to apologise for or downplay my support for individualism to spare someone else's emotions about their culture; if that offends or disrespects somebody, so be it.

Where the hell did I say it offends me ? All I was saying people may be looking at british society frowning on it the way you are about the Afghan culture.
Where the hell did I say it offends me ? All I was saying people may be looking at british society frowning on it the way you are about the Afghan culture.

Yes, and that isn't news to me. Your last post clearly implied that what's twisted to me may be normal to others; I'm just reiterating my position as a cultural supremacist who doesn't quite care whether family honour is a normal part of someone's culture or not.
Original post by Rod43599
The prophet doesn't say marry little kids, he's just ****ed up like that

No but he just led by example by marrying a 9 year old.
Reply 90
I blame it on the Western Culture.
Original post by TeeEm
I blame it on the Western Culture.

You sure you don't wanna change it to 'Western foreign policy?' :K:
Reply 92
Original post by Hydeman
You sure you don't wanna change it to 'Western foreign policy?' :K:

The Kaffir Internet ...
Original post by z33
Saw that one coming :/

I know I know... but I don't know how you can stay - I mean I've never been in the situation (thank God - and I hope none of us will be) but there's got to be a way and this woman needs to find it before the lunatic kills her!

:banghead:It shouldn't be this way but in countries like Afghanistan, when they are controlled by the Taliban, there is hardly any way for a female to exercise her rights. It is rare to find an independant woman, and without her husband I doubt the lady would have any financial support. The image shows that she also has a child so she doesn't only have herself to think about but also the child.

We can only hope that she is safer now with the media coverage (but I could be wrong..
Reply 94
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
:banghead:It shouldn't be this way but in countries like Afghanistan, when they are controlled by the Taliban, there is hardly any way for a female to exercise her rights. It is rare to find an independant woman, and without her husband I doubt the lady would have any financial support. The image shows that she also has a child so she doesn't only have herself to think about but also the child.

We can only hope that she is safer now with the media coverage (but I could be wrong..

i hope she'll be okay... and the kids too :frown:
Original post by Amankhanhussain
he should be punished by beheading.

That's harsh even by 'eye for an eye' standards...
Original post by BioStudentx
No but he just led by example by marrying a 9 year old.

He married her when she was 6 and had sex with her when she was 9.
Original post by mil88
Right, let's be honest here. You probably have no idea or even clue regarding the life of Mohammad (you're probably one of those who believe Muhammad was the one who created Islam), all you probably know is simply, the accusations placed against him today. You've probably just saved an entire word document containing strategically picked hadiths, then made the large leap and then say he must have done this. So, do actually know what the main sects say regarding this 'incident'

Aisha was six when Muhammed married her, and nine when they consummated. I don't have a big word document file saved, however
Original post by MildredMalone
Aisha was six when Muhammed married her, and nine when they consummated. I don't have a big word document file saved, however

You seem fairly confident with this notion, may I ask for evidence?
Original post by mil88
You seem fairly confident with this notion, may I ask for evidence?

Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).
— Sahih al-Bukhari, 7:62:64

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending