The Student Room Group

General Science ISA advice would be lovely.

hi. i'm going to be doing section 2a and b of my science ISA on Monday. any advice or tips on tackling the questions would be great.

I find section 2 a lot harder than 1 because you can't just memorise the answers, you actually do have to use your brain in this section. s'tough.
Look through sample papers/mark schemes online, and note what will get you full marks. Paper 1 is easy to revise for, as the questions are basically all on-line, you just have to apply. Paper 2 also has a lot of questions overlap, just remember to quote numerical data.

Good luck!
Reply 2
What exam board are you on? Which science isa is it, chem, phys or bio? And whats ur hypothesis/tasks?

I may be able to help :smile:
Original post by flippantri
Look through sample papers/mark schemes online, and note what will get you full marks. Paper 1 is easy to revise for, as the questions are basically all on-line, you just have to apply. Paper 2 also has a lot of questions overlap, just remember to quote numerical data.

Good luck!

I checked out sample mark schemes- and you're so right. Quoting examples appears to be really really important in getting all three marks. so thank you.

Original post by Ace C
What exam board are you on? Which science isa is it, chem, phys or bio? And whats ur hypothesis/tasks?

I may be able to help :smile:

i'm doing a biology ISA. exam board is AQA.

hypothesis: the harder the exercise, the shorter the time it takes for muscle to fatigue
Reply 4
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
I checked out sample mark schemes- and you're so right. Quoting examples appears to be really really important in getting all three marks. so thank you.

i'm doing a biology ISA. exam board is AQA.

hypothesis: the harder the exercise, the shorter the time it takes for muscle to fatigue

Sorry, but I'm not doing that ISA. I'm only doing the AQA chemistry and physics ones.
Original post by Ace C
Sorry, but I'm not doing that ISA. I'm only doing the AQA chemistry and physics ones.

ight
Reply 6
I have a similar issue, I am doing my physics isa on tuesday, and I have no idea how to answer the questions and how many there are. Also the source questions do they come up in paper 1 or 2. Thank oyu
Reply 7
Original post by GG16
I have a similar issue, I am doing my physics isa on tuesday, and I have no idea how to answer the questions and how many there are. Also the source questions do they come up in paper 1 or 2. Thank oyu

Hey :smile: I'm doing my physics isa on Tuesday too (practical) I've already done paper 1 and plotted my table (with no results)
What's your ISA on? Topic and exam board? I may be able to help you!
My ISA Is AQA (LDR'S)
Find past papers and practise, most of the ones you practise will come up in the real exam so you have to get full marks on them. You'll only find it hard if you don't practise.(Had my ISA 2 weeks ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Ace C
Hey :smile: I'm doing my physics isa on Tuesday too (practical) I've already done paper 1 and plotted my table (with no results)
What's your ISA on? Topic and exam board? I may be able to help you!
My ISA Is AQA (LDR'S)

Hi, thank you so much for replying. My ISA is on LDRs too and AQA.
Reply 10
Original post by GG16
Hi, thank you so much for replying. My ISA is on LDRs too and AQA.

Ah same! How much have you done so far? I've done my paper 1 and results table. Tomorrow I'm going to be conducting the practical.
Can we talk via PM please? Thanks :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Ace C
Ah same! How much have you done so far? I've done my paper 1 and results table. Tomorrow I'm going to be conducting the practical.
Can we talk via PM please? Thanks :smile: :biggrin:

Ok sure. Thank you :smile:
Reply 12
Did my gsces last year did aqa gcse core science I hated science predicted to get a G the teachers gave the marks scheme for the isa to copy got 100 UMS did the foundation papers which were kind of hard got 2 on the dot Ds and an E which got me a Grade C.
Reply 13
Original post by 23_Anom
Did my gsces last year did aqa gcse core science I hated science predicted to get a G the teachers gave the marks scheme for the isa to copy got 100 UMS did the foundation papers which were kind of hard got 2 on the dot Ds and an E which got me a Grade C.

Indeed the isas help boost your grades greatly! It's the same with all other subjects that have coursework! Especially if you do really good in the coursework and not so well in the exam!

Quick Reply

Latest