The Student Room Group

CS Degree

Currently studying NAT 5 computer science. I am doing very well and I learn stuff outside of school such as java, penetration testing and sometimes stuff to do with microcontrollers, e.g. Arduino. I am not certain in what I want to work as but is getting a cs degree in UNI worth it? I've heard many software devs say you don't need a degree but idk if that's only for software development or computer science in general. I'd appreciate advice from anyone who's been through anything similar. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by randInt47
Currently studying NAT 5 computer science. I am doing very well and I learn stuff outside of school such as java, penetration testing and sometimes stuff to do with microcontrollers, e.g. Arduino. I am not certain in what I want to work as but is getting a cs degree in UNI worth it? I've heard many software devs say you don't need a degree but idk if that's only for software development or computer science in general. I'd appreciate advice from anyone who's been through anything similar. Thanks

If you love computer science, and are considering a career in the field then yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending