The Student Room Group

Man arrested with guns and a koran at Disneyland Paris

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Mactotaur
I'd say they're more like lost sheep. Desperate for guidance, easily manipulated, a deep-seated need to be led.

Yeah the problem is they're trying to be leaders

._.
Original post by QE2
I'm trying to think of another ideology that explicitly calls for the death of those that oppose it. Especially one that is subscribed to by over 1 billion people.

And you won't find any because I don't think any of them do.

You are entirely correct that there are other political and social systems that are imperfect, but whataboutery is not a defence that is used by the intellectually honest.

That is not whataboutery. That was in relation to your question, postulating that only Islam exclusively calls for violence and oppression.

Moreover, my question was specifically asking what it is about Islam that, when implemented literally and without any modern, revisionist spin, always seems to result in death or oppression for so many people - bearing in mind that it is not some man-made system devised to gain and maintain power, but the final and perfect revelation of an infallible, omniscient being as the ultimate guide for a perfect society?

Perhaps you're overthinking this? Perhaps it's simply man-made, which would certainly explain the "violence and oppression"?

So I ask again, why is this? (Answers to the question, rather than something completely irrelevant would be appreciated).

Asking silly questions like that may get you silly answers.

But I'm not aware of any ideology that espouses this.
And define "undesirables".
Also, your premise that euthanising the disabled will benefit society is fundamentally flawed, as we have clear evidence that those with "deformities" can make valuable contributions to society.

In order for humans to thrive, we can't have weak people. We must be ruthless and do what needs to be done.

Although, we are actually following a program of "eugenics-lite", by identifying and attempting to correct genetic predisposition to certain conditions. Do you object to this?

Yes. One should waste money fixing issues when one could simply create something new.
Reply 102
Original post by TheArtofProtest
And you won't find any because I don't think any of them do.
Agreement.
Result!

That is not whataboutery. That was in relation to your question, postulating that only Islam exclusively calls for violence and oppression.
Whataboutery compounded with a straw man. I have never claimed that Islam is the only religion that contains exhortations to violence and oppression/discrimination.

Perhaps you're overthinking this? Perhaps it's simply man-made, which would certainly explain the "violence and oppression"?
Well, clearly. The point was in response to those who claim that it is divine in origin.

Asking silly questions like that may get you silly answers.
Explain why it was a "silly question".

In order for humans to thrive, we can't have weak people. We must be ruthless and do what needs to be done.
Nonsense. "Weak people" have been around since time immemorial. In fact, physically weak people dying early may well have held back the advancement of mankind, if they may have had some mental advantage that would not become apparent until later in life.

Yes. One should waste money fixing issues when one could simply create something new.
I'm not sure what you mean here by "create something new".
Why throw away something that can be fixed, in preference to making something new that may not be any better than what you have thrown away, and may possibly be worse?
Original post by QE2
Agreement.
Result!

Whataboutery compounded with a straw man. I have never claimed that Islam is the only religion that contains exhortations to violence and oppression/discrimination.

Well, clearly. The point was in response to those who claim that it is divine in origin.

Explain why it was a "silly question".

Nonsense. "Weak people" have been around since time immemorial. In fact, physically weak people dying early may well have held back the advancement of mankind, if they may have had some mental advantage that would not become apparent until later in life.

I'm not sure what you mean here by "create something new".
Why throw away something that can be fixed, in preference to making something new that may not be any better than what you have thrown away, and may possibly be worse?

Seeing as how you've decided to start down the road of facetiousness, I'm not going to engage with you any longer.
Reply 104
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Seeing as how you've decided to start down the road of facetiousness, I'm not going to engage with you any longer.
Seeing as you've decided to start down the road of "doing a runner", I'll still be here if you decide to change your mind.
Original post by HAnwar

I was merely defending him because I KNOW he was falsely accused.
If I thought he was guilty I wouldn't have quoted the user in the first place.

How can you know he is innocent

unless it was you who made the account in his name

J'accuse.
Reply 106
Original post by garfeeled

J'accuse.
She "knows" he is innocent in the same way that she "knows" that Jibril dictated Allah's words to Muhammad.

Absolute certainty based on a desire for it to be true.
Original post by NursingStudent93
religion of peace

The followers that misinterpret do not represent the religion.
Derkaderkland Paristan
Original post by jiyongtoki

Maybe not, but the passages which "justify" their actions might.
Original post by garfeeled

J'accuse.

Lolled.
Reply 111
Original post by jiyongtoki
So those who insist that it is The Religion Of Peace™ (despite all the scriptural and historical evidence) simply do not represent Islam.
I guess you could say that, although I would argue that they represent an interpretation of it, albeit an innacurate one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending