The Student Room Group

On average, how many books do you read per week?

Poll

On average, how many books do you read each week?

--
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrankTeller1234
1. Answer the poll.

2. How much of it is on your own accord? (i.e. how many of these books do you personally want to read vs mandatory academic reading?)

3. How much free time do you have per week? Are you in full-time employment or a full-time student?

4. How much time do you devote to reading each day?

A1) Vote casted

A2) I have books to study so any time I find myself in the zone. And most of these books help me with my work

A3) Full-time. I don't think i have such thing as "free time". There is always list of things I should look into/learn/work. I guess I have some sort of liberty to decide what I can do whenever I want.

A4) I spend 1 hour travelling which is were most kindle-reading happens. I read a lot on bloomberg and the pdfs i receive via mails. But that's nothing I particularly enjoy.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wish I had the time to read! :frown:
Reply 3
Saturday I began the 9th book in the Alex Rider series (Scorpia Rising)

Sunday I finished the 10th (Russian Roulette)
Anyone who votes more than 0:

Reply 5
More books = Lamborghini. This guy says it himself

KNOWLEDGE!
Reply 6
Original post by Kyx
Saturday I began the 9th book in the Alex Rider series (Scorpia Rising)

Sunday I finished the 10th (Russian Roulette)

Wow you are a quick reader.
Reply 7
Original post by chikane
Wow you are a quick reader.

Quite quick, yes.

But I had nothing else to do... :bored:
Original post by Kyx
Quite quick, yes.

But I had nothing else to do... :bored:

Reply 9
Original post by similarBlank

Image blocked by my internet...
Reply 10
Depends on the kind of book.
Usually if it's an Ebook it's between 250 to 400 pages. If the story is quiet good it takes two days to finish.
However I read multiple books at once. So per week I finish about 3. But I could have started reading them weeks prior to now. :smile:
I can't explain how I do it. I started YEARS AGO when I was still in year 10 (2010) and I must have started initially with 5 books or so at once or something to get to where I am.
Apparently talking to people I know, I'm not the only one that habit/system.
Original post by Kyx

It was complimenting you on spending your time wisely. (I say that with sarcasm but I genuinely admire people who read a lot of books.)
Reply 12
Original post by Kyx

It's not the first time, your internet blocks everything. :cute: Are you even allowed to access TSR at school?
Reply 13
Original post by similarBlank
It was complimenting you on spending your time wisely. (I say that with sarcasm but I genuinely admire people who read a lot of books.)

Aww, thx! :h:
Reply 14
Original post by jgjog3
It's not the first time, your internet blocks everything. :cute: Are you even allowed to access TSR at school?

I am now...
I read one, sometimes two books per day, so about 10 a week. What can I say, not everyone can be as smart as me. :smug:
Reply 16
Original post by Tom Jickleson
I read one, sometimes two books per day, so about 10 a week. What can I say, not everyone can be as smart as me. :smug:

Reply 17
Original post by tom jickleson
i read one, sometimes two books per day, so about 10 a week. What can i say, not everyone can be as smart as me. :smug:

i. Don't. Believe. You.
Reply 18
a couple of years ago I read harry potter and the order of the phoenix in 4 days...
Nowhere near as I used to. I once read 200,000 words (of one book) in one day when I was 8 or 9, but now I don't read as much. I'm more focused on writing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending