The Student Room Group

3 weeks since interview and still nothing

(edited 8 years ago)
Na, I'd say leave it for now for another week. You chased them twice, there may be complications in making a decision (important thing to consider is whether they hire throughout the year or interview a batch, hire a batch and close shop). What field is it? Telling them you have a job offer elsewhere can work, but if it's 50/50 between you and another candidate it can sway them towards the other person, it really just depends on the person making the decision. Other factors can include but are not limited to:

- Partner/final round interviewer has been busy
- Interviewer hasn't told HR either way
- HR are busy (read: lazy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
(edited 8 years ago)
My first thought was that you are their back up candidate, and that they are probably waiting for another candidate to confirm in writing (sign the contract) that they accept thw job before they reject you
Reply 4
Original post by LiquidGold
My first thought was that you are their back up candidate, and that they are probably waiting for another candidate to confirm in writing (sign the contract) that they accept thw job before they reject you

but its been 3 weeks. surely it doesnt take someone 3 weeks to accept an offer?
Original post by kdanalouise
It's interesting you say that actually. The start date for the role isn't till September. But it definitely is a one man job, it's not that they're looking to take on a large intake.

When i called the recruiter she had made it obvious that she completely forgot i even had my interview which gives me the impression that the person who interviewed me hadn't even reached out to the recruiter to give feedback. that doesn't sound very hopeful. but it completely contradicts how i thought the interview went! i thought myself and the interviewer built up a good connection. so stressful :frown:

There's not another final round btw. i was told that my last interview is the final round.

Yeah that's weird. What the other guy said was also my first thought, I just wanted to see if there were other issues involved. If it's a one man job you'd think it's unlikely that they'd take so long though. The fact they seemed to have forgotten you doesn't bode too well to be honest, make sure you're still applying to other companies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
but its been 3 weeks. surely it doesnt take someone 3 weeks to accept an offer?

I know, it seems ridiculous but it genuinely does happen!
I recently got a job and i was given 3 weeks to accept the offer in writing.
My friend found out she had a job after 3 weeks - they didnt say the reason but when she got to the graduate initiation most people had been offered the job after a day or at least within a week, so she deducted what had happened from that :P

Another possibility is that they actually did decide to do more interviews, but even then I'm still inclined to think you are the 'back up' candidate for if they dont find someone they want more, otherwise they would have just hired you already i think...
Reply 7
(edited 8 years ago)
well fingers crossed they dont find anyone better lol

Yeh, and you never know i might be wrong, they might just be really slow!

Either way, just try to take the positives from it, even if you dont get the job they will probably give you feedback which will help you in your next interview :smile:
Has been a time when I went for an interview and they never even got back to me in the end.
(edited 8 years ago)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending