The Student Room Group

Casework Assistant CPS

Hi all, I’ve got an interview for the CPS, I’ve received the questions but just curious if there is any other areas I should revise / if they ask about specific roles in the cps. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi - Congrats! I also got an interview for the same vacancies - booked mine for a couple weeks’ time. That is a good question, I think they will stick to the questions they have provided - maybe, ask us follow-up questions depending on our responses and then ask if we have questions, that is something else to consider/prepare for.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RR03x
Hi - Congrats! I also got an interview for the same vacancies - booked mine for a couple weeks’ time. That is a good question, I think they will stick to the questions they have provided - maybe, ask us follow-up questions depending on our responses and then ask if we have questions, that is something else to consider/prepare for.

Well done! What are your chosen areas?? Mine is for a couple weeks too x
Reply 3
Original post by Hjane1996
Well done! What are your chosen areas?? Mine is for a couple weeks too x

Thank you! I chose one of the London ones but not sure what the difference between the two is as
in one of the Q&A sessions they said the London office is based at Petty France. What about you? x
Reply 4
Nice- thank you! That is a very helpful reminder :smile: Good luck to you too! Hopefully, we will be back here to share good news xx

I’ve chose Manchester - one thing I have researched is to learn the 5 values of the CPS,

1. We will be independent and fair
We will prosecute independently, without bias and will seek to deliver justice in every case.
2. We will be honest and open
We will explain our decisions, set clear standards about the service the public can expect from us and be honest if we make a mistake.
3. We will treat everyone with respect
We will respect each other, our colleagues and the public we serve, recognising that there are people behind every case.
4. We will behave professionally and strive for excellence
We will work as one team, always seeking new and better ways to deliver the best possible service for the public. We will be efficient and responsible with tax-payers' money.

Hope this helps you and good luck xx
I’ve got an interview too in a couple of weeks! Good luck everyone, I put Preston as my first choice then Liverpool then Manchester!

Anyone have a preference on which job? Assuming we’d just get assigned to one if we pass the interview!
Reply 6
That is great news - well done and good luck! My preference is the Casework Assistant role, what about you? I think it does depend on where we fall on the merit list and then they will assign us. Some will get our preference and then some may be offered the other role
Yeh my preference is casework assistant role, did anyone attend the q&a sessions they had? I didn’t manage to get onto one!
Reply 8
Original post by Natasha2604
Yeh my preference is casework assistant role, did anyone attend the q&a sessions they had? I didn’t manage to get onto one!

I did! I think I booked on as soon as I saw it haha I knew it would go quickly - it was good - we just asked any questions on this live chat rather than a live video session
Original post by RR03x
I did! I think I booked on as soon as I saw it haha I knew it would go quickly - it was good - we just asked any questions on this live chat rather than a live video session

I was hoping they’d send out a copy of what was asked on the q&as!

My interview is on Tuesday, good luck everyone.
Reply 10

My interview is on Tuesday, good luck everyone.

You too xxx
Reply 11

My interview is on Tuesday, good

Good luck all! Mine is on Wednesday

You too xxx

Good luck!
Hi, did anyone ask how long after the interview we should hear back ?
Reply 13
Original post by hieveryone17
Hi, did anyone ask how long after the interview we should hear back ?

Hey I’m going to ask tomorrow! What did they ask? Xx
Hey I’m going to ask tomorrow! What did they ask? Xx

Just the questions they prepped us for - they told me the last interview would be the 21st though? Where are you applying for?,x
Reply 15
I’m Manchester - no mines booked for 1pm tomorrow! X
Reply 16
Do you have to fill out the dbs check after the interview?
Presumably they will have confirmed outcomes by next week..? There are 75 positions to fill so it might take some time to sift through the interviews. The candidate pack, however, said that offers and pre-employment checks will begin w/c 20th February.. Either way, I guess we just have to wait and see!
I had mine today! They were really nice, good luck! I should have asked when we would find out but totally forgot!
Did anyone put more than one location?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending